SG!! You HAVE to be past bra strap!!

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Hey how come I didn't get a thanks Faith...humph /images/graemlins/lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, Faith I'm sorry, I must've missed your post. You know I wouldn't have intentionally passed you up!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much fellow MNT member! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Luv ya,
SG

Tell you what inspiration will do, I went in the bathroom and ended up washing my hair following your protective style regimen to the T. It is scary that I had all the products! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif My hair feels so good. I am not blow drying, flat ironing or using any sort of heat for a month! I think I will be bunning it until next year except for xmas!

Tell you what inspiration will do, I went in the bathroom and ended up washing my hair following your protective style regimen to the T. It is scary that I had all the products! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif My hair feels so good. I am not blow drying, flat ironing or using any sort of heat for a month! I think I will be bunning it until next year except for xmas!

[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Mrslee, OMG, you are too much /images/graemlins/kissing4.gif!

I can't believe you did that?? I'm just glad it worked for you! I've been reading stories about other users that are "bunning up," thinking I wish I had been consistent on the bun challenge because I definitely would have gotten to my goal sooner.

Not using heat is such a good thing, at least for me, and I get good results from not using it all the time, and having my hair in a style that I can keep my hands out of.

Good luck on the bun challenge!!
SG

Thanks Girlie!! I couldnt believe I did either, tired as I am. But I am determined to be bra strap by my next relaxer!

Thanks Hairlove! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You've been such an inspiration for me along this journey, as have so many others here!

SG

SG,

When your wearing your hair in a protective style do you re-do it every day? If so, what products do you use on a daily basis when you are wearing a protective style? Also, you sleep in a bun without any problems as far as too much tension consistently on your hair?

Thanks.

Hi SweetNSour,

I sort of have to redo it, but not really. I just take the ponytail holder off so I don't have to sleep in it, then tie a scarf around my head, making sure the hair is tucked in.

In the AM, I just put the holder back on, twist the ponytail around again, then secure the ends with the little clip like in the picture.

I say I "sort of" redo it because I don't comb my hair or do anything with the top and sides. There's no manipulation, just moving the ponytail around. When I'm taking my shower in the AM, I let my hair get a little damp, and just smooth it down with my hands and I'm done! I can't sleep with the pony holders in because I have a recovering nape, and I've recently undone YEARS of damage from wearing ponytails to bed. Another tip, is that since I figure ponytail holders had a bit of stress to the hair, I only wear them when I'm in public. As soon as I get home, I take it out and out and put on a satin scarf. That way, there's less hours in the day that I'm actually wearing a holder.

Hope that helps!
SG

Congratulations, SouthernGirl! Your hair looks gorgeous! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This is so nice of you all! What a wonderfull thing to wake up to!:)

Thanks Camille, Flowerhair, Alliyah4eva, Frosty, Allandra, Ms Kenesha, Divastate, Dana, and Tai!!

I really appreciate everyone's support on this journey!

I had the fortune of seeing SG's hair in person, and it's so beautiful. SG, I'm so glad you reached your goal. I can't wait to get to bra strap like you.

I'm late as always. SG I have told you how beautiful your hair is but it's worth repeating. You have beautiful hair. Way to go. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Looking groovy there, SG! Your hair is gorgeous. I would love to know how to do that yummy complicated bun you have in your album, it's so classy. Congrats on reaching your goal!

Aw, I'm blushing over here /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks Tami, Sweetpea, and Babyblue /images/graemlins/kiss.gif You all are so sweet!

Melodee, you are too kind! I was gushing over your hair and beauty at the meeting too!

Lorraine, that means a lot coming from you as well. Another inspiration!

Love you guys,

SG

Back