Sew-in! Who's ever had one? I need help!

Innocent_Kiss

Sew-in! Who\'s ever had one? I need help!

I tried doing a search, but the search engine kept finding the words "sew" and "in" seperately and I got about 30 pages of..nothing.

Anyway, I'm about to get a sew-in next week with the curly type of weave and just wanted some input from my fellow LHCF Members. Any do's and dont's you have in mind? Tips? Don't hesistate to share!

Thanks
cool.gif

Re: Sew-in! Who\'s ever had one? I need help!

do a search on my user name i had detailed instructiones
in a post a few weeks ago

do small cornrows in your hair where u want to sew in the weave track(s).

try putting in a search for ahir salons in your area.......
if u were in NY i could give u a few places...

tell the stylist not to do the traditional circular pattern for the cornrows. tell her to do the plaits all back so you don't get the dreaded cone on top.

split the hair so it won't be as bulky and tell her not to sew to many wefts. the weave will already be full because it's curly you don't want to have a jungle on top of your head.

do the cornrows extra tiny.

have fun with it.

Once the hair is in make sure you find the right moisturizer to keep the curls lookin' nice. I used Nexxus hair lotion for my curly sew-in.

Do you mean that you need info on caring for a sew-in? If so...I wore sew-ins for about 4 years. Here are some things that worked for me...

Make sure you hold the base {near the braid) of the weave when you are combing or brushing. This will prevent it from becoming loose.

Before washing...make sure that you separate each base. You can secure it with clips to insure that you are conditioning all of your hair...and that you are getting rid of any residue. This also helps prevent the weave from getting tangled.

It's also a good idea to keep your scalp oiled during this time. Since you really can't wash every day with a sew-in...your scalp might dry out due to the Summer heat...

When I wore a sew-in...I had a lot of growth. This is why the back of my hair is longer than the sides.
smile.gif

i wore sew in for a long time as well, and occasionally will still put one in.....they r in my album......i did my own..corn rows all going back and the net over it......

Summertyme...I tried to view your link, but it didn't work.
frown.gif
I wanna see...
wink.gif
I miss my sew in somtimes. I know that I wouldn't be able to wash daily with it though because it would shed like crazy!

Thanks for the tips!

What's wrong with the traditional circular corn rows? Not that I'm opposing, this is just the way I've seen them done. Oh, and questions to sew-in wearers, was it hard keeping your real hair moisturized? Was it hard maintaining the health of your real hair period? It just seems that taking care of your real hair would be difficult since it's under the weave.

well the hair underneath for me was the easy part...
its the hair i have exposed that is the problem, especially since i when i have a strait weave.....i have to kkep the exposed hair strait, so i would flatiron it all the time, so that caused damage......but with the new ceramic irons, it is alot less stress on the tress.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons my hair is broke off now. TOO MUCH FLAT IRONING. I think replacing steam with heat is much healthier, but you have to be careful with everything. Oh, I tried viewing your photo album but it gave me an error message that says: The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible...I'm signed in and everything. I'll keep trying, though.

girl my album is off the hook i dunnu what is foing on with that thing....

Yea, it's probably something wrong with my comp. I'll try later, though. And msportugal I did a search under your name for 1 month ago and still didn't see anything. Do you know some keywords that was used in your subject? Because "sew in" is not pulling up anything.

Back