Safely Removing Build Up After Braids

I should have detangled my own hair yesterday. I got my twist taking down at a shop and she used Mane N Tail detangling spray but I would have gone slower detangling my hair. I'll see what it looks like after my relaxer next week. Last night I used cleansed, DC with steam and rod set my hair in prep for next week. I'm praying the detanlging setion didn't set me back.

Hey ladies,

I've been experimenting with different hair routines techniques for my braids. Currently, moisturizing every other day is still wonderful and saves me time, money, and manipulation. But my issue has been the back of my hair seems to matte about a month into my braid install. I've been analyzing my routine and trying to minimize the matte and so far the things that have worked have been asking my braider to braid larger parts in the back as well as holding my hair in loose pig tails in the house or loose, no buns. But I also noticed that matting happens quicker as I wash it.

I'm going to try a different shampoo technique and I'm looking for some feedback. I usually shampoo my scalp and braids under running water and part of me believes it contributes to the early matting. This time I would like to try diluting my shampoo in a bottle the pouring it over my braids, doing half my head at one time. Then for my scalp getting a small soft sponge and pouring a little water on my scalp then massaging slightly diluted shampoo onto my scalp and cleaning my scalp with the sponge as opposed to drenching my hair under running water. Do you ladies think this would be a good plan?

Hey ladies,

I've been experimenting with different hair routines techniques for my braids. Currently, moisturizing every other day is still wonderful and saves me time, money, and manipulation. But my issue has been the back of my hair seems to matte about a month into my braid install. I've been analyzing my routine and trying to minimize the matte and so far the things that have worked have been asking my braider to braid larger parts in the back as well as holding my hair in loose pig tails in the house or loose, no buns. But I also noticed that matting happens quicker as I wash it.

I'm going to try a different shampoo technique and I'm looking for some feedback. I usually shampoo my scalp and braids under running water and part of me believes it contributes to the early matting. This time I would like to try diluting my shampoo in a bottle the pouring it over my braids, doing half my head at one time. Then for my scalp getting a small soft sponge and pouring a little water on my scalp then massaging slightly diluted shampoo onto my scalp and cleaning my scalp with the sponge as opposed to drenching my hair under running water. Do you ladies think this would be a good plan?
My hair always faired better when I poured the water gently from a bowl or cup to wash vs drenching it in the shower , much less frizzing so I think you plans for washing is a good one. Ive just been too lazy to do it that way lately, lol.

I just took out some box braids a few days ago. I simply removed the braids then removed any mats with my fingers then a comb. I'm in the process of installing some kinky twists now. When I'm in braids/twists I moisturizer every few days with my Infusium 23/ Braid spray mix. This last install I have also been using moe grow oil on my scalp every other day and I had to take the braids out 2 weeks earlier than I wanted to due to all the growth I got. And my hair felt so moisturized when I took the braids out too. I plan to do the same thing with the twists I'm doing now.

Back