Relaxed ladies and heat.

shtow

How many relaxed ladies on here use heat on a regular basis and retain length? I mean seriously, I am BSL layered and I made it to BSL using heat weekly. I honestly cannot see myself rollersetting for the rest of my life with MBL, WL hair. My BSL hair takes (no lie) 2 hours to dry under pibbs with minimal product when rollersetting; so I can only image how long it will take when it gets longer. And I darn sure dont wana flat iron at 100 degrees either lol. SO chime in ladies:grin:

Just because one can retain length using heat doesnt mean another can. Try it and see what happens.

I used heat a lot pre-LHCF and my hair grew. Grew enough to have me always wanting to cut it cause i got bored with it. Didn't have a problem retaining length, but it wasn't healthy on my hair.

Now that i have healthier practices, i'm curious to see how long it can go.

I've wondered about this. I'm texlaxed, and I've flat ironed three times in three months and I still feel guilty about doing it. I really want to be able to just air dry/flatiron on low/wrap, but I'm not sure about how bad that would be, doing it every week. I'm too scurred to even try but that is my dream regimen!

I am relaxed and the only time i use heat is when i check my update every month.
Since i am strengh/with heena and it made my hair even harder ta handle now i been using more heat than ever.

I have used the flat iron once in the last mongth and hot rollers twice....I feel so bad from it but n harm done so far...so good. I dunno it seems like my hair can take more these days than when it was unhealthy. EVERYTIME i used heat about a year ago, it seemed like all my hair came out lol

for 6 months i rollerset and flat ironed my hair 1x a week....i still retained length...as well as health. but then my ends started to split slightly more than normal. And despite me being a pj...i have a very KISS regimen. So i still dont know if its due to the heat or not. Which is why im currently stretching using little to no heat. Im 9 weeks...havent rollerset yet....and have only flat ironed 2x thus far....so we shall see

I use heat frequently. Direct and indirect. I always have. I did it when I was mbl and I do it now at shoulder length. My avi was taken in May. I'm full SL now. :yep: My hair is still strong and healthy. I'm sorry but I refuse to half-step. I can't be dressed to the nines with make-up and accessories with my hair not being styled at that level. :nono:

I can't be dressed to the nines with make-up and accessories with my hair not being styled at that level. :nono:

I know thats right, girl. :yep: Its the weekend, my outfit looking good, accessories and jewelry on point, me and my DH with his fresh hair cut about to step out to a nice little spot.......but I'm wearing a bun that I havent combed in a week. Nope, aint gonna be me. :nono:

I went from using heat weekly, blowdrying and flat ironing, to heat only when I do a lenth check when I touch up, like every 2 months. There's a very noticeable difference. My hair is longer, stronger, healthier, and shinier without it.

I am relaxed and I use heat once a week, direct or indirect, mostly direct. After i wash i blowdry and flat iron. My hair has grown pretty well so i will continue doing so. No heat makes my hair all puffy and tangly and i get more breakage from it. i'm almost APL and i hope to be BSL by spring of next year and i know i won't be trying to rollerset all that. it takes me almost 2 hours under the dryer now.

I think one can use heat wisely. For example, in the cooler months I rollerset and flat iron the roots. I never apply direct heat to my ends. Also, I've gone the whole summer without using heat of any kind. As long as hair has some breaks from heat usage coupled with DCing it should remain healthy enough for heat as needed.

Also hair will tell what forms of heat it can take. My hair loathes the blowdryer, so I never use it.

Back