Relaxed 4 a/b in need of product recs

morehairplease

My hair is dry and breaks at midshaft
mad.gif
in fact, I have the worst breakage currently around my hairline(from braids) and in the back of my head(this part is broke off to the point that is looks like my hair was shaved and is growing back/in need of a relaxer)
frown.gif
Any products recs whether they be shampoo,conditioner,etc are so greatly appreciated. I have used Kenra and Eluence and they did not work for my hair(I think this was due to the HARD water in my area).

Warmest regards,
Tishee

Have you tried a protein treatment? Maybe Nexxus Emergence?

Also, if you water is hard, maybe you can try using distilled water or a filter for your hair.

HTH
smile.gif

I am 4a and these products work great for me:
Shampoo- Breakthru, Elucence
Pre Shampoo: EVOO and Suave Milk and Honey
Moisturizing Cond: Keracare Humecto, Elucence MB
Proten Con.: Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Aubrey GPB, Redken Deep Fuel
Leave-in: Ego Boost, Biolage Leave in Tonic, Pantene Detangler, Redken Extreme Anti-Snap

Ion Repair Solutions Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment is a great "reconstructor" it has keratin protein in it. It's pretty good to only be $4 at sallys.

shampoo- Revlon Creme of Nature for color treated/dry hair
conditioners- Revlon Moisturizing conditioner, Lustrasilk Aloe Cream
protein- Aphogee keratin reconstructor, Aphogee damaged treatement/balancing moisturizer- sold as samples at Sally's Beauty Supply.
Detangler- MOtions for kids detangler
moisturizer- Allways Natural oil moisturizer.
Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
tishee said:
My hair is dry and breaks at midshaft
mad.gif
in fact, I have the worst breakage currently around my hairline(from braids) and in the back of my head(this part is broke off to the point that is looks like my hair was shaved and is growing back/in need of a relaxer)
frown.gif
Any products recs whether they be shampoo,conditioner,etc are so greatly appreciated. I have used Kenra and Eluence and they did not work for my hair(I think this was due to the HARD water in my area

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have hard water the first thing I recommend is to get a shower filter OR wash with DI water OR do your final rinse w/ DI water.

You can try using a mild clarifier with every wash to get the hard mineral off your hair like Giovanni Triple tea followed my a moisturzing shampoo. I don't recommend a stronger clarifier since your hair is dry already.

Give the filter or DI water a try along with a clarifer and try your products again and see how your hair response to it. You may have too much mineral build up on your hair from the hard water. HTH

Miosy

Back