Relax my virgin hair....

StylishNikki87
It looks like you may need to add some type of moisturizing leave in to your reggie. Remember that oils and butters, in general, should not be considered moisturizers. I like Aubrey Organics white camelia as a leave in. Kinky Curly knot today is another good leave in product.

How does your hair respond to the oils that you are using? It may be worth trying some others, if you aren't sure if those are perfect for you. I like castor oil because of it's humectant properties... pretty much no other oils or butters work for my hair in it's natural state.

Drying your hair in plaits or twists before bunning may help reduce ssks. A different moisturizing spritz, would be a good idea as well. I like humectants, so I love aloe juice and glycerin in a spray bottle (about a 60 40 mix) after my hair has dried from the wash and as necessary until wash day.

I'm not saying that my reggie will work for you. I just wanted to share, and hopefully some others will share what works for them as well. It takes some trial and error, but I know you will find what works for you.

Also protein treatments every other week, may be too much for your natural hair. I would suggest you reduce protein to every 6-8 weeks and see how your hair responds.

What conditioners are you using to cowash and dc?

classychic1908 Thanks for your advice. I will try the leave in. That seems like a good idea. I guess I thought that the moisture was water. But, maybe it's not enough. I used to use Infusium, but it didn't seem to do anything. Is the Aubrey Organics a liquid or cream? To co-wash I use Vo5, and to dc I use Jessicurl deep treatment.

classychic1908 Thanks for your advice. I will try the leave in. That seems like a good idea. I guess I thought that the moisture was water. But, maybe it's not enough. I used to use Infusium, but it didn't seem to do anything. Is the Aubrey Organics a liquid or cream? To co-wash I use Vo5, and to dc I use Jessicurl deep treatment.

Aubrey Organics WC is a thick cream, it's actually a deep conditioner. You may need a more nourishing product than Infusium. I have heard good things about using Jessicurl weekly deep treatment as a leave in as well. You can even dilute a moisturizing conditioner with water for your remoisturizing spritz.

Back