Question to those BSL or longer

CoCoKisses

I am a little past shoulder length and i would like to grow my hair to BSL by early 2007. My question is how long did it take you ladies to get from shoulder length to BSL? What are the products/supplements you used? And what styles did you wear? Just need some encouragement ladies!

Thanks in advance:D

It took me 10.5 months to go from shoulder length to bra strap length. I didnt really take any supplements, but I did use MTG for a short while maybe like a month or two, so it did helped a bit with my hair growth. But I mainly wore protective styles, kept my hair moisturized, Co Washed and used little to no heat. Just like im still doing now. :)

HTH

Thanks so much for sharing.:D I'm in baton rouge right now but when i move to maryland i am gonna ask my aunt to do my braids. I can't keep my hands out of my hair, at this rate it will take two years!!!!!:(

It took me 6 months (Jan 06-June06). Right now I am grazing the top of the brastrap w/o straightening the ng. I figure when I relax in August I should be at the bottom of the brastrap. So I guess, 8 months to completely cover the brastrap from SL. My regimen basically consisted of washing with whatever Shampoo I have, conditioning with cholesterol mixed with castor oil and alittle ors hair mayo, and airdrying or rollersetting it. I wear my hair in a protective style everyday with a bun underneath with a stocking covering the bun (like the baggie method but with a stocking sock).
I take 5mg biotin (as of April 16), GNC UltraNourishHair (as of Feb) and 3000mg of MSM (as of Feb). I was using MN for about a month but stopped just because I wouldn't get home until late and would just wrap my hair and go straight to sleep. I'm not one of those anti-comb people so I feel that even if you comb your hair 2/3/4 times a day it will still grow because I comb it from the time I get home until the time I go to sleep and it still grew fine. I make sure that I put oil (castor, jojoba, olive) on my ends or hollywood beauty carrot oil this keeps my hair moisturized.

Has anyone gotten to bsl without protective styling? I hate wearing ponytails and it is too hot for a half wig...which is what I so in the winter, I am trying the weave thing but I have not had much luck with getting a good style.

Thank you so much!!!! You guys, i was looking at my hair today and was getting so depressed!!!! Thinking i would never get there. I'll continue to take my supplements and keep washing and airdrying. I have to remember to take care of my ends, thats why my stylist cut my hair (went from almost armpit to shoulder ((longest layer)) my ends were so bad!!! It still hurts when i think about it lol!)

around 15 months it took me! i had to trim off all my ends until april 2005 so i never really grew much, and in april 2006 i had made it.

- no combing keeps my ends as thick as my roots
- airdrying changed my texture and stopped breakage
- no heat saved my ends
- vitamins gave me mad growth this yr
- washing more frequenty
- protective styling has enabled me to go without trimming for over a year

Dang, SL to BSL in 10.5 months? I'm 9 months in and I still haven't made it to APL. Sure it's a lot healthier, but I had do some serious trimming to get it that way.:(

How do you manage not combing? I cannot get my hair smoothe unless I comb or brush...or something.

Can this be reached without bunning or ponytails?

sassyhair said:
How do you manage not combing? I cannot get my hair smoothe unless I comb or brush...or something.

Can this be reached without bunning or ponytails?

yeh! i never bun or pony tail! i alsways ALWAYYSS use bobby pins to hold my hair in place.

when my hairs blowdried i finger comb, add moisture and maybe use a boar bristle brush to distribute.

when i airdry (95% of the time) i comb b4 i was my hair, and wash under the shower in the direction i combed. i then shuffle my hair when dry into a middle parting and two strand twist. i comb every 5 days usually.

Wow that is skill. I have to work on that, I comb more than twice a day so maybe I need to start with once a day or everyother day.

Back