Question for those who are in the Sew-In and Weave it up Challenge

CHANNYY

I thinking of getting a install next week. I workout at least 5 times a week. I'm a heavy sweater and my own hair is soaking wet after my workouts. How do I maintain my hair while during the challenge? I'm just scared my own hair will mat after 8 weeks of working out sweating 5x a week.

I have the tips on keeping it moisturize and oil as well as cleansing my scalp. Any additional tips is greatly appreciated.

I would like to know too. I work out 3 to 4 times a week though I don't sweat as profusely as you described, but there's head sweat nontheless. After my work out last night I used a dry shampoo from tresemme' and I made sure I lifted each track and sprayed my roots... then I sprayed a bit over the hair, left for 2 minutes then I massaged my scalp. After I added a leave in conditioner from the giovanni chic line.

I plan on washing the conventional way this weekend though.

Ok, idk if this counts, but before bootcamp I put in a full sew in. If you have a leave out, yikes. I did one like that and only kept it in for two weeks. I could not keep up with the sweating of my real hair.

But for a full sew in, it shouldn't be a problem. I worked out every day (obviously) and swam twice a day. All I did was condition it when I was in the shower, and on rare occasion shampooed when it felt yucky or I was afraid chlorine would build up. When I took it out my hair had gone from my ears to past my collar. I actually had to tuck it under my collar during graduation because it had grown that much. The simplicity of it is actually good for hair.

I don't think there will be an issue. Brittster may be able to answer better, though. I workout at least 3x a week and I am not worried about any matting or anything. I just wash once a week.

Ok, idk if this counts, but before bootcamp I put in a full sew in. If you have a leave out, yikes. I did one like that and only kept it in for two weeks. I could not keep up with the sweating of my real hair.

But for a full sew in, it shouldn't be a problem. I worked out every day (obviously) and swam twice a day. All I did was condition it when I was in the shower, and on rare occasion shampooed when it felt yucky or I was afraid chlorine would build up. When I took it out my hair had gone from my ears to past my collar. I actually had to tuck it under my collar during graduation because it had grown that much. The simplicity of it is actually good for hair.

How long did you keep it in?

I think u should be fine. Just wash as usual. I washed my sew ins 1x/week and kept it in for 8 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks Ladies, I get my install on Friday and planned on keeping it in until the first of June. I will update you hopefully on my progress and not setback..lol

Hey Ladies,

Here is a pic of my sew-in

When I got the install she sewed a net cap on top and then sewed the hair on to the cap. I felt kind of felt funny about the cap. I can still moisturize it and seal. Today, she notice that I have breakage in the back and she trimmed so I'm hoping this install helps!! Fingers crossed!!

Any suggestions of treatment while in my sew in?

Attachments

• Image04062013182107 (1).jpg
    Image04062013182107 (1).jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back