Question -Ayurveda on Fine Hair???

cutiepiebabygirl

I'm wondering about this?? My hair is fine..and it can't take much of anything. I have to be very careful with it...and just wanted to know if it's okay to use on fine hair??

Any fine-haired users ?
Did you lke it?
How was your experience?
Are their certain products that are better for fine-haired ladies??

Thanks!!

Faith

Check the ayurvedic threads. All I can say is my fine strands love it. It makes hair stronger which is good for any hair plus if you use henna it actually gives the appearance of thicker hair strands and I'm all over that :)

sheba1

My fine strands give ayurveda two thumbs up :yep: Since the introduction of amla, brahmi, brhingaraj, shikakai and henna powders, teas and oils my hair is stronger, holds moisture better and feels just divine to the touch. It's cheap enough and easy enough that I don't see any point in ever ever stopping. Not ever. I love my hair right now.

spinspinshuga

I just recently began an Ayurvedic regimen, but I have fine hair and I love it. I use both oils and powders; I don't make teas out of the powders, just rub the paste directly on my hair and rinse. It's been working out fine thus far, and my hair feels much stronger!

cutiepiebabygirl

Thanks...everybody!! I really appreciate it...

Anybody have a really simple reggie?? I tried to look at older threads..but they can be kinda hard to follow....

sheba1

Well, the great thing about ayurveda is it's not all or nothing. You can add it in a bit at a time, as it suits you. I like to prepoo with amla oil and wash with Dr. Bronner's lavendar shikakai soap. When I DC, I add a tsp each of my current fav powders (amla, brahmi, brhingaraj, henna). Some people add these powders to their conditioner of choice for co-washes. I henna every other week (or I will again, once I remove my braids). Right now because of my braids, I've made teas of my favorite powders and added moisturizers to make a braid spray and seal with Vatika oil (a coconut based oil with many of the ayurveda powders infused in).

Try to find ways to enhance what you're currently doing, so it doesn't seem like your really doing anything "extra". That way, if you see benefits, you may be inspired to do more and it won't feel like work. :)

spinspinshuga

Thanks...everybody!! I really appreciate it...

Anybody have a really simple reggie?? I tried to look at older threads..but they can be kinda hard to follow....

I use shikakai, amla, and brahmi powders. I mix the shikakai with a little bit of green tea to make a paste, put it on my hair for five minutes, rinse thoroughly. Then I mix amla, brahmi, and green tea into a paste, put those on my hair, leave for forty-five minutes, then rinse. I deep condition afterwards. I wash my hair once a week using this method.

I also have bhringraj and homemade amla/brahmi oils. I put those on my hair as needed. I usually wash my hair at night, so I put each oil on my hair the morning of my wash and leave them on all day before applying the powders.

Hope this helps! This is just what works for me....

gn1g

my hair loves amla oil and powder, it strengthens my hair and moisturizes it, makes my scalp super duper healthy. I only use it about once every 2 or 3 mos.

Nice & Wavy

Fine hair lady checking in. Absolutely love Ayureveda and won't use anything else.

My hair is soooooooooo happy since I began to use this. I can't believe I waited so long to try it!