Pulling Long Hair From Ends? Breakage, Natural Shedding, OR Need a trim?

Doesn't sound like you need a trim to me.

How much protein is everyone using and how often?
Check your moisturizers for protein, you'd be surprised at what has protein in it.

Are you sealing?

I swear that getting rid of the protein for a while helps. Maybe you need to clarify and then use your moisture. You might have to much product build up. Or maybe you have hard water, this causes breakage. Mine is doing so much better. I am not using any protein. I thought using it would make it strong but it was killing my hair. I won't be using any kind of protein for about 3 weeks probably. I am not perming right now so I don't need a lot.

Back away from the scissors. :lachen: Not sure why you are seeing your strands, but I think it's normal during normal hair growth and weather change. It doesn't sound like breakage, so just braid it up this weekend and try not to touch your hair and see what happens. I notice my longer hairs/shedding when I have some extra stress going on in my life and weather change. HTH.

WELL TO LATE, LADIES! :look: I took the 1/4 inch plunge with my stylist and her ever to discreet scissors! :yep: My ends look FABULOUS! NOW to get rid of the brittle, build-up I'm feeling. Any suggestions? I usually clarify with Suave. Is ACV better. Just got a relaxer today. DC with Silicon Mix, maybe I do have to much protein.:perplexed

It sounds like they're shed hairs. I get them too sometimes when I wash. I think they just get tangled up in the curls and they don't get out until I have to pull them out when I'm washing.

Back