PROTEIN VS RECONSTRUCTORS

Lotus

I’ve read lots of great info. over the past couple of weeks- (I love Elucence!). I’m new to this forum…forgive me if I’ve missed the discussion on this already, but…

What is the difference between a protein treatment and a reconstructor? Both were listed on ‘A new comer’s guide to starting out’ but I notice most forum members don’t really include “reconstructors” as part of their regimen. Do they serve different purpose (if so, what) or are they basically the same?

Lotus said:
I’ve read lots of great info. over the past couple of weeks- (I love Elucence!). I’m new to this forum…forgive me if I’ve missed the discussion on this already, but…

What is the difference between a protein treatment and a reconstructor? Both were listed on ‘A new comer’s guide to starting out’ but I notice most forum members don’t really include “reconstructors” as part of their regimen. Do they serve different purpose (if so, what) or are they basically the same?

A protein treatment strengthens your hair and prevents breakage, it may try it out too so that's why you would do protein treatment followed by a light moisturizing treatment. Reconstructors strengthens your hair as well but they also restore some elasticity. Some times because we manipulate our hair, it maybe structurally or mechanically damaged, a reconstructor builds back up the strength and adds elasticity. When your hair is elastic (can stretch more than 2x it's length without breaking) your hair is healthy.

Alli77 said:
A protein treatment strengthens your hair and prevents breakage, it may try it out too so that's why you would do protein treatment followed by a light moisturizing treatment. Reconstructors strengthens your hair as well but they also restore some elasticity. Some times because we manipulate our hair, it maybe structurally or mechanically damaged, a reconstructor builds back up the strength and adds elasticity. When your hair is elastic (can stretch more than 2x it's length without breaking) your hair is healthy.

Great explanation. :up:

I use at-one with nature botanical reconstructor conditioner w/ moisture recovery

• detangles
  • repairs damage
  • controls breakage & shedding

Alli77 said:

Thank you Alli

So as I stated I currently use at one with nature botanical reconstructor cond w/ moisture recovery. Is there really a need for a protein treatment?

Back