Protein / Moisturizer Dilemma

Bunmi

Hi Ladies! Since joining this forum about a week and a half ago, I've learned quite a bit about good hair care. There are many knowlegeable people here. You're great!

I understand, now, the importance of protein and moisture balance. Too much or too little of either could cause breakage. My dilemma :perplexed is ...I'm not sure what products/ingredients would be considered protein vs. moisturizer. Every time I think I'm getting the gist of it...:dazed:

So...would you very knowlegeable ladies excuse a newbie for not knowing and provide some examples of protein products and/or ingredients vs. moisturizer products and/or ingredients? Thanks!!!

Here are two threads that should help you out:

Protein in the ingredients doesn't mean it's a protein conditioner...this thread has a list of the different types of proteins and what they do, as well as an explanation for why a protein ingredient doesn't make something protein based. There's also products listed.

Are these protein based or moisture based?...there's a breakdown on some of the most popular products as well as a really long list of moisture based products that can help you get started.

Back