Protective styles for short relaxed hair

artsyheart

Hello ladies! As a newbie to lhcf I have a question...I have very short thick relaxed hair of different lengths. I am looking for a cute low-maintenance protective style for the upcoming cold-weather season seeping into the windy city.

My go-to styles are straight with a flat iron or curls with perm rods. I know one of my biggest issues is once scarf season comes...keeping my ends protected for growth!

I'm not sure that clip-on ponytails will work because a) i'm kinda scurred of fake hair:nono: and b) the different lengths and thickness of my hair makes it difficult to lay all of it down for a ponytail look. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

DominicanBrazilian82

Aviah said:
Maybe you can try a full head weave, a wig, or some braids during the winter?

Braids sound delicious for winter. Plus, I remember when my hair was shorter, oiling my scalp and moisturizing my hair made it look limp and weighed down. With braids you can really increase your retention and up your moisturizing and sealing without having to worry about styling your hair :). Plus and plus.

I wish I lived back in New York. I kinda miss winter.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

artsyheart

oh and DominicanBrazilian82...i would love to send this cold weather to you! lol. it switched so fast here in Chicago!

artsyheart

how about headwraps? That would minimize styling/manipulation, cost and could be kinda purdy. if anyone has headwrap style ideas...please do share.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
How short is short? Back in the days I would wear my hair wrapped and cover it with a silk scarf.:lol: I wore my hair like that for 3 months. Folks at my job dared not ask me anything until they saw me wear out my hair afterwards. :yep: