Pregnancy/Hair Care

Since I am further along now, I am wondering what to do with my hair in 2008 with the baby. I am 15 weeks post with Senegalese twists I want to take them down when I am 20 weeks post and do my touch up if needed. Is is best to relaxer before the baby or after? I am worried about post partum shedding? Any advice??

Since I am further along now, I am wondering what to do with my hair in 2008 with the baby. I am 15 weeks post with Senegalese twists I want to take them down when I am 20 weeks post and do my touch up if needed. Is is best to relaxer before the baby or after? I am worried about post partum shedding? Any advice??

I had cornrows for the first month, then put my hair in a bun on wash day and tied with satin scarf at night, this lasted a week.

Okay I decided against getting a relaxer and I will wade it out until July perhaps. So I will braid it up until the little bean gets here.

I am 3 months pregnant. Before this, I was taking Biotin, B-Complex, Iron, and Flaxseed oil. I was also getting ready to take some stuff to prevent thinning. Since I started getting sick, I could barely hold down prenatals, so my doctor said to chill out for now and pick up on them in a few weeks when my stomach can handle it.

My daily moisturizing stopped, which was a no-no, so I am going back to that. But my saving grace were the regular prepoos and occassional co-washes, and oil rinses.

My ends seem to have suffered since my regimen has not been my major priority, so I am going to try to be more vigilant. Maybe I'll trim lightly (search and conquer method) and then keep a close eye on my ends.

Yeah, my doctor said the same thing about only taking prenatal vitamins and Expecta is the best thing.

Hey ladies..................how do you get the preggo ticker on your profile? I have it on my myspace page but can't find how to put it on this profile. :nono:

I am 3 months pregnant. Before this, I was taking Biotin, B-Complex, Iron, and Flaxseed oil. I was also getting ready to take some stuff to prevent thinning. Since I started getting sick, I could barely hold down prenatals, so my doctor said to chill out for now and pick up on them in a few weeks when my stomach can handle it.

My daily moisturizing stopped, which was a no-no, so I am going back to that. But my saving grace were the regular prepoos and occassional co-washes, and oil rinses.

My ends seem to have suffered since my regimen has not been my major priority, so I am going to try to be more vigilant. Maybe I'll trim lightly (search and conquer method) and then keep a close eye on my ends.

Pre poos, co washing and oil rinse are on point during this time

Yeah, my doctor said the same thing about only taking prenatal vitamins and Expecta is the best thing.

Hey ladies..................how do you get the preggo ticker on your profile? I have it on my myspace page but can't find how to put it on this profile. :nono:

you copy the html code from the site you get the ticker from and paste it in your siggy. HTH

Back