Possible leads for an excellent protein conditioner...

dreamgurl

1. Redken Cat (Beautician recommended)

2. Nexxus Emergencee (LHCF recommended)

3. Aphogee (LHCF recommended)

4. Aubrey Organics GPB (I use this every wash and follow with a moisturizing conditioner)

5. Joico K-pak reconstructor

6. Fantasia Leave In

7. Frederic Fekkai - Protein Rx Reparative Mask (expensive but sooo many great reviews)

8. Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment

Feel free to add to the list of ones that are good to try /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Okay, so I've only used the AO GPB and it works fine, but is a very light protein conditioner. I am trying to wait until the holidays to get my next touch-up...by then it will probably be around ten or twelve weeks post relaxer so I think in the meantime, I may need to try a heavy protein conditioner/treatment to keep my hair strong and prevent shedding when it's time for my touch-up. I had a sample of the Aphogee but never tired it because of some of the negative reviews and because of the smell /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Some of the ones recommended have been in a liquid type form but I don't know if my heavy-handedness will blow all my money away trying to make sure every strand is covered. So if anyone knows of some protein conditioners that are creamy, I'd appreciate any leads, however it doesn't have to be creamy just good /images/graemlins/wink.gif. TIA

candibaby

girl you forgot about Nexxus Keraphix and Nexxus Phyto Organics Enphuse! yall know i'm a nexxus freak!

and about using heavy protein before your relaxer, i recommend Nexxus Emergencee for 10 minutes w/ heat.

Cowgirl

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the ones recommended have been in a liquid type form but I don't know if my heavy-handedness will blow all my money away trying to make sure every strand is covered. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used Aphogee with not so good results and Emergencee with good results. But I'm feeling you on the heavy handidness. I bought a 3.3oz bottle of Emergencee & I want thru 3/4 of the bottle with one wash. So I had to go find the bigger 16oz bottles & got two of those. Hopefully that will last me a couple of months.

dreamgurl

Sorry candibaby about the other products I left out...I was thinking the Nexxus Emergencee was a heavier protein treatment than the other ones you mentioned. By the way, what is the Keraphix used for? Is it a protein conditioner as well?

candibaby

Keraphix is a protein conditioner, it's light enough to be used every week. (I use it once a week mixed w/ humectress) Enphuse is stronger than Keraphix, I only use that once a month.It's still a protein conditioner, just stronger. Emergencee is a hardcore protein treatment so I'm sure you know not to use that often.. maybe just when you see breakage or before/after you get a touch up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif