Please talk to me about the CHI Flat Iron r/o

LuvableLady

There is the humongous thread over at beauty buzz regarding this CHI Flat Iron. This iron cost over $120.00 but the strange thing about it is that it has no temp control and it doesn’t list the temperature that the iron reaches. I posted a question in the thread to the person who raved the most about this particular iron and asked if she knew about the temperature of this iron, no answer. Do any of you ladies know anything about this iron? I am personally trying to stay away from heat but they were raving like mad on this iron so the raves are making everyone want to try one or, question its components. Does it seem strange that no temperature is available on this iron, or, is that normal? There is a $349.00 iron (ADST EX, comes with a lifetime warranty) that I looked into and it gave a temperature range between 170-410 degrees so, it can not be that it is a professional item and thus the information is not available.

I personally would not purchase something with limited information. I called two companies that are selling this iron and they both said that information is not provided, neither on the box or papers inside the box. That sounds strange to me. Any ideals? After reading all of their raves on that iron and the raves that were on this board regarding the Jilbere, I decided to purchase the Jilbere because it has a temperature control and it lets you know how hot the iron will get for 1/3 of the price of the CHI. Additionally, the Jilbere has a 2-year warranty whereas the CHI only has a one-year warranty. The Jilbere worked fine on my hair, I have about one and a half inches of new growth (haven’t relaxed since September) and with it set on about 12 it made my waves very smooth. I have seen times when I would have run out to get that CHI, I guess that I have tried so many recommendations from that board and none of them has lived up to the raves thus far. I could not risk $124.00 (plus $14 for shipping) on a couple of raves with limited information.

Here’s the famous iron:

http://www.metrobeauty.com/showitem.cfm?catnum=10&parentcatnum=0&itemnum=809

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
There is the humongous thread over at beauty buzz regarding this CHI Flat Iron. This iron cost over $120.00 but the strange thing about it is that it has no temp control and it doesn’t list the temperature that the iron reaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi LuvableLady,

For that kind of money, everything should be listed about it. I've never heard of it, but like you, I would want to know what the temperature range is first before dropping that kind of money on it. Can't blame you.

I think you did the right thing by not buying this product. It was probably some employess of the company (if such a company even exists) that did all the raving about the iron just to get some sales. I don't know but it just seems "fishy" to me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks Pebbles, I was wondering if it was just me. More information should be available on a product, if not, I pass it up.

Here is the link LondonDiva.

http://pub16.ezboard.com/fbeautybuzzfrm1.showMessage?topicID=86416.topic

Rayne, I think you are right, about some sort of investment in the company. Can a flat iron really be that good, good enough to purchase with limited information, I personally don’t think so. We all know to much direct heat is bad, no matter how good it makes our hair look, at least it is for mine.

LuvableLady I'm so glad you saved your money and got the Jilbere. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I got mine for Christmas and I love it. That Chi iron looks almost exactly Jilbere. I agree with you on the heat control. Its important to know how hot the iron is that you are putting in your head!

I'm almost embarassed to say that I purchased the CHI flat iron a few months ago and what a major waste of money that was. It's a good flat iron if you are a professional &amp; you are aware of different temperature degrees but this iron gets too hot in a matter of seconds. You're right, it has <font color="red">NO</font color> temperature guide and if you are not careful you will burn your hair clean off your scalp!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The one time that I tried it, my hair came out very straight. Even after I washed my hair, I still had a few straight strands.

This will be an iron I use maybe once a year....

Sindeee

Thanks Pooh123, I’m happy I went with the Jilbere as well saved a bunch of money.

Sindeee, Thanks for the information on the CHI, it is really helpful. I was very close to purchasing this one as well but held off because of the raves on the Jilbere, so, don’t feel bad. I didn't learn of the negatives until later.

I just ordered my 2nd Jilbere (larger plate) as well as an ionic brush I heard great reviews about....yes I too am a PJ. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Rhonda

Now MzRhonda you know you will have to give a product review of the brush! Let us know how you like it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm definitely in love with my Jilbere flat iron!

Back