PLEASE HELP!!!!

hairIAM

Mods if this is in the wrong spot, please move it. I am 28 years old and I have the chickenpox. :sad: They are everywhere including my scalp. My scalp has several scabs and painful bumps on it. My question is should I continue to co wash every other day to keep my scalp clean or should I not keep my scalp so moist so this stuff can dry up??? Or do you think it would be wise to grease my scalp??? I really don't knowThis is so upsetting, because I was on a personal challenge to reach SL to APL by Feb 14. I had been using MN and other stuff and was doing good until this happenend. ANy suggestions??? I am going crazy with this itchy scalp. :wallbash::wallbash:

They are supposed to be kept dry, so I would just wash weekly!

Did your doctor give you any cream or ointment to put on your skin? If he did, I would grease my scalp with that!

Also, a light, natural oil like grapeseed would be very good mixed with tea tree oil! Rosemary oil both on the scalp and in shampoo would feel good on the scalp.

I wouldn't use grease... just medication or natural oils!

I would daily (lightly) either oil or put the medicine on the scalp.

I wouldn't mess with my hair too much, just keep it moisturized and in good condition. No intricate styles for now... lots of updos if possible.

:bighug: You can get through this and keep your hair! Hope this helps!

I am a nurse and took care of a patient two weeks ago who had a "rash" on his thigh. The doctors said it wasn't shingles the first day I took care of him. But then when I come back the next day, they diagnose it as shingles., AFTER I had already been exposed to him. AHHH the joys of being a nurse.

They are supposed to be kept dry, so I would just wash weekly!

Did your doctor give you any cream or ointment to put on your skin? If he did, I would grease my scalp with that!

Also, a light, natural oil like grapeseed would be very good mixed with tea tree oil! Rosemary oil both on the scalp and in shampoo would feel good on the scalp.

I wouldn't use grease... just medication or natural oils!

I would daily (lightly) either oil or put the medicine on the scalp.

I wouldn't mess with my hair too much, just keep it moisturized and in good condition. No intricate styles for now... lots of updos if possible.

:bighug: You can get through this and keep your hair! Hope this helps!

This sounds like a good idea. The doctor only gave me oral medication and I am using calamine lotion on my skin, but I don't want to put calamine lotion on my scalp.

ur a nurse you should know, it has to be kept dry for the vesicles to heal properly and all the things to minimize possible secondary infection, not even natural (food) oils because that can be a breeding ground, just leave it be as much as possible and let it run its course, your hair will survive being left alone under these circumstances and your scalp be better off for it

oh and if I was staying home which you probably are being contagious with the cooties and all :lachen: I would put that Calamine lotion right on my sores on my scalp, it aint gonna hurt nothin I am sure, I mean think about it , your putting MN on your scalp previously right? whats the calamine gonna do when put right on the sores but help them heal, its light and will wash/rinse out when your scalp heals up

this is like 7-10-14 (cant remember how long)days of torture I know , but just be patient with its process

I remember when my daughter had it , I didnt want to touch her hair, she had it all on her scalp, and the dang on baby sitter went AGAINST my wishes and tried to do her hair, and could only do it half arsed because my daughter was losing it screaming, . I was so mad, I TOLD HER NOT TO TOUCH IT she left it so jacked that I HAD TO DO HER HAIR when we got home, I did it so gently! and she was screaming and losing it the whole time. I swear I wanted to cuss out her sitter so bad! So judging from that experience I would say messing with it at all might make it worse, or feel worse, she was fine after though, but I think, like I would have wished to do for my daughter *sucks teeth* its really best just left alone with the sores and itching and what not

feel better soon! :sneakyhug:

no cw'ing! if you cant stand it just do water rinsing and LET IT DRY

OHHH snap! forgot to mention! I just remembered, you should use pure extra virgin coconut oil actually there is something in it monolaurin that actually kills the herpes virus

http://www.heranswer.com/monolaurin.asp

I am positive that would speed up the healing process, not cure it but help alot! rubbing it on your skin and scalp

and its proven that it kills it!:yep:

Last edited:
When kids at our school get chicken pox we wash them every few hrs with Ceptaphil (sp) cream. You can buy it at any drugstore I think in the US. Ours isn't actually called this, but its the same ingredients and basically same product.) This can be used on the face, skin, and hair and calms the pain down. Good luck with it!

((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))) Hang in there. Hmm, I dunno if I've ever had chicken pox either. I'm the same age as you. :perplexed

Anyway, praying for a speedy recovery for you. :)

Back