Please classify these two conditioners

caress

I'm leaving out the names so that you won't make up your minds based on the names.

Condtioner #1:

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Octoxynol-9, Retinyl Palmitate, Ergocalciferol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Conditioner #2:

(Some of the ingredients listed in parentheses have been deleted to protect the identity of the conditioner):p

Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Laurdimonium Hydroxpropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Disodium EDTA, PEG-20 Almond Glycerides, Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, PEG-20 Corn Glycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, Sorbic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Based on these ingredients what kind of conditioner would you say each of these is?

Last edited:

caress

Oh also if you think one or both are protein conditoners can you tell me if you'd consider them light or heavy duty protein conditioners?

Last edited:

MeccaMedinah

caress said:
Oh also if you think one or both are protein conditoners can you tell me if you'd consider them light or heavy duty protein conditioners?
:confused: I dunno, as I do not use protein. But I'd guess that the 1st one is heavy because I see protein listed in various forms (i.e. collagen & keratin)
2nd- lighter just because i see moisturizing ingredients (i.e. Cetearyl Alcohol, aloe & the oils) just my guess

Victorian

old head
I haven't the slightest clue *what* conditioners these are, but the 1st doesn't necessarily seem like a protein conditioner to me. Most conditioners have hydrolyzed protein of some sort in them, even cheap, moisturizing ones. That may well be suave for all I know :lol: The second one has *human* keratin in it (not many conditioners do), which would make me think of a stronger protein condtioner, or at least something that's marketed as a deep or reparative conditioner.

keylargo

I would consider both protein conditoners. 1st one being heavy because the high protein content (is the 5th ingredient) and the 2nd one being a lite protein conditioner. The 2nd one may call itself a moisturizing conditioner (my guess is that it's Joico Alterna because of the ingredients). I've used the 2nd conditioner before and it tends to make my hair dry. that's why I treat it as a lite protein conditioner. It may be moisturizing to others.

pink_flower

I think they are both protein because they are fairly high on the ingredients list.
1- is light because of the collagen
2- is heavy because of the keratin

This is just a guess..

qtgirl

Both Protein
#1: Mid level protein
#2: Light protein

Tell us, tell us...I'm pissing on myself in anticipation :lol:

caress

Sorry I took so long to reply. Conditioner #1 is VO5 Extra Body Conditioner and #2 is Joico K-Pak daily Conditioner