Our Peace, Joy, And Victory Hair Stories

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Someone just told me the BEST hair story toward gaining peace about her hair after transitioning with some major challenges. She persevered, and her hair is on the way!

For those of you whose hair journey has contained a struggle or two, what's your story, what's turning/turned things around, and what's the difference between your less-than-peaceful time and now?

I'm amazed at what makes the difference! Sometimes it's a small phrase that gives someone an idea, and their whole regimen becomes lovely. Sometimes it's a tiny, tiny thing like washing in barrettes! Sometimes it's a video series, a thread, a stylist, a product, a technique, a product+technique combo, a style . . .

Please share! Links and photos are welcome!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:nicethread: I had the most peace when my relaxed hair started braking. I know that is weird, but It was like "OK NOW it's time to go back to natural." I was really excited because I had a clear vision of what my hair will look like at its best even when it was at it's worse. Would that be FAITH? And now look, I'm right back at Mid-back again. It takes no time to grow hair when you already see it long in your mind.

ETA: like I mentioned before I asked God to restore my hair and once I did that, there was no more room for doubt. Jesus gave women their hair as a covering right? Every hair is numbered right? So that tells me God Cares about my hair.

Last edited: