Omg looong natural type 4 hair!

Kimmaytube is a perfect example. She has type 4 hair. When it's wet, just as mentioned prior, the weight of the water elongates the hair and makes the hair look like a "different" texture but really it's not.

The lady in the video wasn't in the shower. I'm sure any hair will hang while drenched with water. I was talking about damp or dry hair.
I saw some pic in this thread with dripping wet long hair. Shower or not she looks like she has coarse z pattern hair. She looks like a 4.

Love her hair but it isn't type 4, looks like a 3b/c mix to me. Hair type is size only, not shape or texture. Generally type 3 hair is associated with being fine and silky, that's not the case for everyone. Pic of her hair, type 4 coils are much tighter. Her hair is just "afro textured"
this looks like a 4 all day. My DD's hair is a 3 and she has curls and coils. This lady doesn't have any curls or coils.

The lady in the video wasn't in the shower. I'm sure any hair will hang while drenched with water. I was talking about damp or dry hair.

Nope!! Mine wouldn't!! :lol: After seeing a couple of youtube videos of ladies would could do length checks under the shower stream, I tried--multiple times. My hair drenched with water (while literally standing under the shower head) was still a fro. A slightly more downward fro, but the nape would only hit my shoulders and this was when my hair was at it's longest (almost WL).

I was actually a little peeved that I couldn't get this magical hang time other naturals seemed to get with water :lol:. The bonds in my hair must be really strong, and that's why I got to crank the flatiron to 430 to get it to stay straight :lol:

I think finer hair textures with high to medium porosity hair tends to have this water hang time phenomenon but it tends to shrink back up depending on how long your hair is to begin with. But I think the most important issue about this is not the curl pattern but the retention. We tend to get too focused on assumptions about certain curl patterns. Retention is the key and this woman obviously knows how to maintain it.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Easy Regimen - Condition, Blowdry & Style Long 4C…: http://youtu.be/bg5HTOujLrE

This lady definitely has type 4 hair :lick:

Oooh eeee I subscribed, gorgeous hair! In a different video she mentions thinking about texlaxing, I really hope she keeps it as is :yep:

I think finer hair textures with high to medium porosity hair tends to have this water hang time phenomenon but it tends to shrink back up depending on how long your hair is to begin with. But I think the most important issue about this is not the curl pattern but the retention. We tend to get too focused on assumptions about certain curl patterns. Retention is the key and this woman obviously knows how to maintain it.
Maybe we'll never know because my hair is thick and coarse and it hangs like a bat :lol: I tend to think it's to do with how strong or present a pattern one has? My head is mostly 4a, often typed as 3c because it's hangy although the coils are not large enough for type 3. Where my hair hangs slightly less is where the curl pattern is somewhat weaker and less defined.

My head below

Attachments

• 20141203_155658.jpg
    20141203_155658.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 51
Back