Okay, I want a blonde weave--Weave/color experts, get in here!

Miss_C

I know LHCF loves to make fun of blonde weave, but I don't care, I want one! I feel like a change, and this seems like a great one. My natural color is off black (1b in most brands) and I don't want to dye it. Can anyone advise on brands (bss or online) that make good light colors at a reasonable price? Or should I just dye some black hair? I have yellow undertones in my skin, what colors look best? I want lots of depth to the color, not all-over blonde. I guess it's called ombre.
These are some examples of what I'd be going for:

Has anyone done this? Has anyone done a natural looking full blonde weave? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

metro_qt

i have... in a wig...
it's really cute.
i just chose caramel coloured tones... not full blonde.

Attachments

• IMG-20110709-00663.jpg
    IMG-20110709-00663.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

metro_qt

^^ added a pic to show you an example,

and the name of that wig is the SK-Cleo, colour 1b/27/30

It was my first jump into Caramel/Blonde... to see if i liked it or not.
I would def do it again... non-committal, if you don't like it, you don't have to wear it, and you can go back to black

mscocopuff

I know LHCF loves to make fun of blonde weave, but I don't care, I want one! I feel like a change, and this seems like a great one. My natural color is off black (1b in most brands) and I don't want to dye it. Can anyone advise on brands (bss or online) that make good light colors at a reasonable price? Or should I just dye some black hair? I have yellow undertones in my skin, what colors look best? I want lots of depth to the color, not all-over blonde. I guess it's called ombre.
These are some examples of what I'd be going for:

Has anyone done this? Has anyone done a natural looking full blonde weave? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You should try Outre Velvet 4/27 on for most of the top. For the very top, under your layer of hair, get a 1/2 bag of 1B. You will only use one strip of 1b at the top to help your hair to blend with the color. You can use the rest of the 1b at the bottom to create a shadow. I used to wear my hair this color and this was how I achieved great results. I had it that way in this pic... Not sure if you can see it really well since it was pretty dark, but it is a great mix.

You may want to use a little more 4/27 than I did.

****Another thing too, when you look at the weft, you will see the light color on bottom and the dark color on the top. You want to make sure you install it with the light side up, when you get near the top. Be sure to trim away the small frays of hair on the weft before doing this.*******

Attachments

• meonchristmas.jpg
    meonchristmas.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: