Ok so I found a gray hair...but im only 19!

I remember seeing my first gray hair when I was in the sixth grade, so don't worry. My mama told me it a sign of wisdom at the time, so I didn't let anyone pluck it, although some wanted to.

i wish i could offer you sympathy and a :bighug: but i can't. i began getting white hairs when i was 17. now my hair almost looks like suburbanbushbabe's and i'm not even ... years old yet! LOL

OP, you will be fine.

I saw my first grey the day before my 34th birthday while I was flatironing. I freaked out for a while, then got over it, and just let it slide. I've noticed a couple more in the last few years, but when I noticed one on my left temple, I finally had to put my foot down and throw in some Bigen. Of course, I'll be 39 next month, so I can't be too shocked.

LOL! I got my first grays at 19 too :)

You might have inherited early grays from another relative. In any case, it's normal.

It won't really show until you're at least 35-40.

So true. I am 34 now and it is getting harder and harder to hide the grey. Do me a favor and do not pluck the grey hairs like I did because when they are grow back you have one short piece of grey hair sticking out like a sore thumb!!:nono:

Aww thanks everyone, you guys are the best. I love LHCF! :yep:

Meeeee tooooo, my mom was braiding my hair and she found one. She called everyone in the house to see it (of course they did). Then she pulled it out and I'm sitting there...:look:. Then she told me to save it...:nono::lachen:
lmao my mom prob would've done the same thing :lachen:

If you do not have a genetic predisposition for premature gray, then you may have a vitamin deficiency or the gray could be stress related. How is diet? For example, B5 and zinc impact graying of hair.

I have had stray grays at an early age that started growing back in darker (gray on the end, light brown in the middle than darker toward the root). I attribute it to nutrition habits.
hm, well my diet isn't the best so it definitely could be that...I want to start taking vitamins again soon and and im trying to eat healthier now so hopefully it will help :yep:

So true. I am 34 now and it is getting harder and harder to hide the grey. Do me a favor and do not pluck the grey hairs like I did because when they are grow back you have one short piece of grey hair sticking out like a sore thumb!!:nono:
:perplexed I didn't even think of that when I plucked it out...If I see anymore I won't be doing that again lol

Eeek...I just found my first gray hair...and I'm in my late 20's.

Whew! At first I was stressing about it, but when I came here and saw that so many of you other ladies have a couple at a young age, I stopped worrying about it. I just plucked it out lol!! :lol:

It was so weird to see! But it looked nice and silvery. :giggle: I don't want anymore though....not before I'm even 30 years old! :nono2:

My mom is 40 and she is 98% gray. It started when she was a teenager she claims.

I started at 16. I blame my mom.:lachen: Sad part is that it is like a skunk line down the front part of my hair and no where else.:nono: My mom and aunt have the same dominant quality. :blush: I have to color it or look like Shady Grady.:look:

Back