Ok I am going from Texlax to Relax!

Teja

I have only been texlaxed for about two months but I think I am pretty sure that I am going to relax bone straight or atleast 85%which is probably 50% more than what I am now!
I like wearing my hair straight...and I have realised that when its texlaxed I manipulate it to much and my hair breaks and sheds alot more when its in its curly state!
To the ladies on this board who did the same are there any tips you would recommend I do ....I used Mizani Butter Blends when I texlaxed but only left it in for 8-10 min should I continue using this relaxer and only apply it longer???Are there any other good Lye relaxers that I could use!
I am thinking of streching till June-July which would make me about 20 weeks post!
All Help appreciated!
:grin:

I am going to be doing the same thing next week. Well not bone strait but a lot looser than it is now. My texlax is causing a lot of breakage when i do my rollerset and it just doesn't feel or look right when i airdry. I think I am about 20% texlax because my airdry texture can pass for an afro sometimes. I want to be about 80 -90% straight. I will be using ORS Lye. I did a test patch 4 weeks ago and liked the results. I was formally a nolyer - hawaiian silky.

I am going to be doing the same thing next week. Well not bone strait but a lot looser than it is now. My texlax is causing a lot of breakage when i do my rollerset and it just doesn't feel or look right when i airdry. I think I am about 20% texlax because my airdry texture can pass for an afro sometimes. I want to be about 80 -90% straight. I will be using ORS Lye. I did a test patch 4 weeks ago and liked the results. I was formally a nolyer - hawaiian silky.

I have heard alot of great things about ORS !!! Post pics of your results and good luck!!!!

bumping for ya....

I do know that a lot of NG contributed to my texlax. if you use a relaxer that is tooooo mild, it might not get as straight as you want it. ORS would be good though. I use to use no-lye though.

I don't have a solution, but I am having the same issues with my texlaxed hair. This texlaxed hair has definitely caused a lot of breakage that i didn't have when I was bone-straight. I can't wrap my hair like I used to and everytime I leave the gym I have a little afro. One of the ladies at the gym actually asked me if I was natural. I like wearing my hair straight and I wanted a no direct-heat regimen, but that has not been possible since I started texlaxing.

I am texlaxed and love it but I believe that being texlaxed, IMO, is more for people that love the natural look but don't want to deal with the hours of detangling and loosen up the curls of their natural hair. I have found that since I don't use direct heat, I bun alot and don't straighten my hair that being texlaxed is wonderful. Being natural was way to much work and the breakage that I got from the curls wrapping around each other was ridiculous.
I believe that transitioning from texlaxed to relaxed is the same as any other transition. You relax your NG the way that you want and continue to baby your texlaxed hair. You might have to trim eventually to get rid of the various textures, I would think.

I understand. When I first got a relaxer I left it in for ten min. I was texlaxed but I didn't like it. I used a lye perm too. After that I relaxed with precise no lye for 15 min and its not bone straight but every touch up I do the 15 min thing. I use just for me kids no lye and still liked the results. I didnt like the texlax cause my hair looked like I didn't have a relaxer at all. I'm very happy now and I consider myself about 85percent straight.

I don't have a solution, but I am having the same issues with my texlaxed hair. This texlaxed hair has definitely caused a lot of breakage that i didn't have when I was bone-straight. I can't wrap my hair like I used to and everytime I leave the gym I have a little afro. One of the ladies at the gym actually asked me if I was natural. I like wearing my hair straight and I wanted a no direct-heat regimen, but that has not been possible since I started texlaxing.

This sounds exactly like my struggle are you considering relaxing also???

LOL I knew you were gonna do it. PWEASE take pics when you do and good luck. I told you before that I made that decision when my NG was really playing tricks on me. I had so much shrinkage and my hair was very difficult to deal with.

LOL I knew you were gonna do it. PWEASE take pics when you do and good luck. I told you before that I made that decision when my NG was really playing tricks on me. I had so much shrinkage and my hair was very difficult to deal with.

LOL
Yeah this hair is just to much to deal with!!!! I am trying to find the right realxer now which one did you use???

I actually used Silk Elements because it was the only one in the house and I didnt want to go to the store. I let it process for almost 15 min . I got pretty good results but Megatek is making my hair revert something crazy...(reversion or NG?) Anywhoo...when you decide which relaxer to use, I will be on your case...I want to see that

BSL Stretched hair!!!!!!!!!!

I am texlaxed and I really feel that I have to manipulate my hair too much to make it look right. I don't wear my hair in twists or braids so it has looked the same for the last 2 years.

If all goes well on Tuesday I will be relaxed and not texlaxed. My goal is to be mid back by the end of the year.

Will post pics when I do it.

BUMPING!! Teja, did you go ahead and relax your hair? How did it come out? I am thinking of doing the same thing. I did a rollerset this week and all I heard was SNAP CRACKLE POP. I may as well be natural!

I agree with texlaxed being for ladies who want to do natural styles and strait with less heat. The problem I had is that my texlaxed hair would not get strait.:rolleyes: ORS is the best relaxer I ever used. I was using the wrong strength and that was why my hair never got too strait. I will be using extra strength to retouch because my left side did not get strait as the right. My left side is more resistant for some reason.:rolleyes:

Teja, I am having the same problem. I love having texlax hair but I find it hard to manage my hair when I want to wear it straight. I am having some brokage and I think it is do to texlax hair. I am currently using profectiv no-lye but would like to change to a lye relaxer in the future. Is it possible to change relaxers?

I accidentially Texlaxed performing my very First Self-Relaxer. I was 'afraid' and ended up underprocessed. Due to the time I left it on, and the amount of relaxer I used.

I will attempt to perform my 2nd Self-Relaxer Memorial Day Weekend. I used Linange Shea Butter Lye Relaxer. This time, I will be going for "straight." And plan to make the necessary adjustments.

Had I been Confident in what I was doing, I think it would have turned out very, very nice.:yep: Great Relaxer

Back