NON-GREASY GROWTH AIDS

rawsilk

They come in all shapes, sizes and consistencies so please, mention whatever you are using in scalp to promote growth that is kind to straight, texlaxed or relaxed hair styles -- i.e., won't weight it down, create that infamous "piecey" look. (I love oils, butters, etc. and use them when my hair is worn out, natural and curly but when flat-ironed -- no-bueno, too greasy for me.) There were a lot of endorsements for Liquid Gold Green Magic in another thread. Additional co-signers of that product as well as users of other products are all welcomed.

I hope this is useful -- another member recommended something that I like that ... was already in my stash! (Love this forum; hopefully this thread will provide a resource that others can use when researching desired results and information re use.)

So, please:

(1) provide name(s) of product
AND
describe your:
(2) results,
(3) method of application,
(4) frequency of use,
and, if you have time (and the inclination :)),
(5) feel free to copy and paste a list of ingredients,
(6) Next on your wish-list or in stash,
(7) Nixed -- warnings re product that did more harm than good or yielded undesired results.

Here's mine:

(1) Alter Ego Cren (liquid), Millcreek Biotene Serum (thanks charmtreese)
(2) AEC - scalp feels more alive, "twiggle," and thin hairline is slowly filing in but scalp still feels tight; MBS - too early to tell but hair feels softer
(3) I put anything and everything in roots-only dye applicator bottles (available at Sally's, sometimes at Walmart) - separate one for liquids, versus creams, etc.
(4) Every other night
(6) Liquid Gold Green Magic (awaiting order!) and may try Aloe Gel
(7) Megatek - great when I was doing wash and goes but I personally cannot use without washing out within a day -- too much shedding; Nexxus Biotin Cream - leaves white flakes all over.

Well, I didn't use a product and didn't use it for growth aid but I'll reply anyway:

(1) Name of the product: Irish moss, aloe vera gel
(2) Results: The irish moss gel I made grew my hair overall faster. I could tell because about 9 days after my relaxer I had 1/4 hair growth and that never happened before. The aloe vera gel I haven't tried yet but a lot of online users say it's very good for growing back hair because of the nutrients
(3) Method of application: Irish moss: I cover my entire head with it and sit under the steamer for 20 minutes to penetrate my scalp. I conditioner wash it out (if I don't it leaves residue/bits in my hair) and this method also makes detangling a breeze. Aloe vera gel: there are some different application methods online. I just started using the juice under my irish moss deep treatment though and it soothed my scalp very, very well.
(4) Frequency of use: 3 times a week
(5) Ingredients: I make mine with a tea mix but even when I just had coconut cream/coconut water mixed with it, it worked the same.
(6) Next on your wish-list or in stash: I don't need anything lol
(7) Nixed: none

LMAO! On the "piecey" look. I call it spacey because the hair clumps in pieces and it's full of spaces.

Mix whatever cream consistency growth aid/moisturizer you like with MN. It takes the grease out. That and/or just be light handed with it.

Back