No-Lye Relaxers

Youngchica

When you relax your hair with no-lye relaxers, do you have to use a chelating shampoo always or only after you relax?

I dont know the answer but i am going to go with no....I use No lye relaxers and i use Shampoo for Damaged hair or gentle moisturizing poos with no problems:drunk:

I use Redken Cleansing Creme the first time I shampoo after I do my touchup. I get good results, so I don't know if I absolutely NEED to do it, but I'm not going to stop since it works.

Chelating shampoos are like super clarifiers, they help remove calcium deposits in ur hair. After u relax ur hair u should be using a neutralizing shampoo, most people only chelate once a month or so.

It depends, my hair is fine and I've used both in the past, but I had better results with Lye-relaxers.

On my last touch up I used the neutralizing shampoo and then the ORS creamy aloe which chelates once my hair was neutralized. I also use it about once a month to try and cut some of the build up from products and co-washing . HTH

My old relaxer ORS no lye as well as my new baby Mizani butter blends no lye have an accompanying chealting neutralizing poo. I use the poo after relaxing and once a month to clarify.

well I use a moisturizing conditioner and DC after so I really wouldn't be able to tell.. and as for the no-lye relaxer I use SE w/ Olive Oil and my hair loves it. Just as long as you remember to moisturize even if its on a semi-regular basis you should be ok

Back