No Dye Henna?

LadyKaypnyc

I'm going to google this, but I wanted advice from you guys....

Ok, I've heard about the moisturizing effects of henna, so I really want to try it, NOT TO DYE MY HAIR, but for the other benefits.

Can you recommend a brand that won't affect the color of my hair (which is dyed chestnut)?

TIA

KP

Cassia aka Clear henna will give your hair the same results without changing the color

Thanks!

I'm a henna newbie, I did try it a while back (when I was relaxed) but it made my hair dry and it never changed the color (which I was going for at the time), but I have decided to revisit it. :ohwell:

I've never really heard that henna was moisturizing. It's good at conditioning and strengthening but a lot people talk about dryness issues after henna'ing.

I've never really heard that henna was moisturizing. It's good at conditioning and strengthening but a lot people talk about dryness issues after henna'ing.

Thats what I thought too...maybe I misunderstood. I think I'll just stick to my regular routine...Thanks!

This is because a lot of people don't wash all the henna out. Even when your hair rinses clear after shampoo I still have henna in and it shows when my conditioner washes out red. You have to rinse/co wash for a long time to get all the henna out. Also, some people put in potentially drying ingredients for color release like lemon juice. If you put too much in and leave it in your hair for hours then your hair could come out dry. Also (last point I swear) some people don't condition their hair afterwards. Definitely do a moisturizing DC after. Your hair will be super soft and super strong.

ladykay, you can mix regular henna with water instead of something acidic like ACV or lemon juice. the acid it what releases the dye. also if you use water it will be less drying. :yep:

Back