Nice buns

CurleeDST

Ok ladies - please show pics of your lovely protective buns (whether you are natural, texturized or relaxed) and please share the tools and techniques used to achieve it.

Can't wait to see!! I am very bun challenged! Thanks

Recherché.Beauty

Mine's in my siggy

I just did it while my hair was damp. I use Salerm as my leave in and that's it and I use a foam donut...so yeah...that's about it.. I was bun challenged at the beginning of my hair process, but now I know what to do to get the perfect bun..I always get compliments on it

2cute2B4gotten

Mine is in my avatar. I use a foam donut and wrap my hair around it. I don't cover the foam with anything because my hair slips when I try and bun it, so I spray my hair and the foam with oil sheen and it turns out fine.

Isis

I prefer wearing my buns low in the back like my braided bun or low on either side. I usually dress it up with pretty pins, hair sticks or flowers. This one I'm wearing a silk ribbon (from www.tenderheaded.com) tied around my already secured braided bun. This is the quickest, easiest bun I can do and I always get compliments from people on it.

I simply braid my hair down the back (or side) and tuck it under, pinning it with a Good Hair Days pin. I secure it by putting a mini silk or satin scrunchie over it. It takes a minute or so.

Last edited:

Sarafina

Isis said:

I prefer wearing my buns low in the back like my braided bun or low on either side. I usually dress it up with pretty pins, hair sticks or flowers. This one I'm wearing a silk ribbon (from www.tenderheaded.com) tied loosely around my already secured braided bun. This is the quickest, easiest bun I can do and I always get compliments from people on it.

Great website!!! Thanks