~*~Newly Texlaxed/Former Napturals >>>Enter In~*~

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I am bored. The excitement of feeling my natural hair is beginning to fade as I look at my daily homdrum bun. I'm not at a stage that i'd bc, and my only real option is flatironing...

I've yet to find the perfect stylist to manage my hair and i co-wash weekly which means, going to the salon and forking over $60 a week is foolishness....

So, I am considering texlaxing...I'd like to know how many others have traveled this way before? I would probably only do it twice, yearly...And I've learned to take better care of my hair...I was really really lazy before, I am ashamed and appalled at my treatment of the hair i claimed i luved...

With that off my chest:
Were you once natural or transitioning and are now texlaxed?
Are you happy now that you've texlaxed?
Do you regret texlaxing?

The more detailed, the better...help a sista out...before she makes a mistake....Any advice given is appreciated in advance.

**{{{smooches}}}**

natural2008

I have a texturizer and love it because i have the option to wear my hair straight or curly. I was natural for a long time over 8 years and wore braides during that time. I took out my briades my march and tried to style my natural hair and it was so not working girl. It was extremely hard for me to manage. I have given myself a rollerset a few times, did wash and goes when the weather was nice and now and wearing twist outs and love them.

naturalgurl

I am bored. The excitement of feeling my natural hair is beginning to fade as I look at my daily homdrum bun. I'm not at a stage that i'd bc, and my only real option is flatironing...

I've yet to find the perfect stylist to manage my hair and i co-wash weekly which means, going to the salon and forking over $60 a week is foolishness....

So, I am considering texlaxing...I'd like to know how many others have traveled this way before? I would probably only do it twice, yearly...And I've learned to take better care of my hair...I was really really lazy before, I am ashamed and appalled at my treatment of the hair i claimed i luved...

With that off my chest:
Do you regret texlaxing?

The more detailed, the better...help a sista out...before she makes a mistake....Any advice given is appreciated in advance.

**{{{smooches}}}**

The highlighted part raises an eyebrow. Is that your subconscious??? Do you really want to do this or are you frustrated? I support you in whatever makes you happiest, so look inside and ask. Sorry no advice...

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

The highlighted part raises an eyebrow. Is that your subconscious???Most Definitely! Do you really want to do this or are you frustrated? Very, very frustrated... I support you in whatever makes you happiest, so look inside and ask. I know, I pray over ever-y-thing...and i consider the advice of those more experienced than myself.... Sorry no advice...
You're a tease, naturalgurl, a tease, i tell ya!

When i say mistake, i mean it either way, not just a texlaxing mistake...i'm truly wanting to hear other's thoughts on the matter...i poured over this forum when i made my decision to transition, and it's going well, it is the styling or the lack thereof, that's getting to me....

naturalgurl

I know how you feel. Looking for a texlaxer or SOMETHING to tame this mane brought me to the forums and I changed my mind. I know what you mean about getting bored too. We want the best of all hair worlds but not the permanent change...is there anything??? Here's a BUMP...

Chameleonchick

Well yes I have been natural and was recently transitioning again. Now I am Texlaxed, I did it on 9/9/08 at first I hated what I did. I was like so sad about it. But then I started looking at my hair, and it looks the same except its just softer WITHOUT applying product to it. I did my retouch about a week and a half ago. I have decided to stick with it because this is really working for me. I can still rock a puff, two strands, and wear it straight if I choose. But in all seriousness, please really think about it before you do it.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Well yes I have been natural and was recently transitioning again. Now I am Texlaxed, I did it on 9/9/08 at first I hated what I did. I was like so sad about it. :sad: I don't wanna be sad.... But then I started looking at my hair, and it looks the same except its just softer WITHOUT applying product to it. That's nice. I like the idea of it....my hair looks texlaxed now, but it sure don't behave that way! :perplexed I did my retouch about a week and a half ago. I have decided to stick with it because this is really working for me. I can still rock a puff, two strands, and wear it straight if I choose. But in all seriousness, please really think about it before you do it.
Exactly. That's why I appreciate your openness...it's a lot to think about. I've been at this for about a year, and i hate to lose the progress...and i truly thought i'd sworn off creamy crack....Dang You, Houston Humidity!!! Dang You!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I know how you feel. Looking for a texlaxer or SOMETHING to tame this mane brought me to the forums and I changed my mind. I know what you mean about getting bored too. We want the best of all hair worlds but not the permanent change (or damage) ...is there anything??? Here's a BUMP...
Thanks, you've nailed it...

naturalgurl

Exactly. That's why I appreciate your openness...it's a lot to think about. I've been at this for about a year, and i hate to lose the progress...and i truly thought i'd sworn off creamy crack....Dang You, Houston Humidity!!! Dang You!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Tell me about it! I would wear my hair out more if it weren't for the dang humidity. My hair gets bigger and bigger and bigger when I step outside. I don't mind that, it's that it gets all frizzy that makes me mad!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

vkb247

I love my texlaxed hair...sometimes I worry about damage though (hate the reddish look that relaxers can bring).

I also love that my hair is easy to clear and take care of and I feel like I retain more length then I would if I was natural and detangling was a bigger issue.

I really love big hair and if my hair doesn't get as big as I would like it to be once it grows then I will definitely consider going natural...once I can wear nice thick plaits down my back as a transition style.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks ladies, i was considering texlaxing only the back of my hair, that's where it's more prone to shrinkage....i wonder how that would work?? Any clue on this? Does anyone only relax a portion of their hair and leave the other natural??? I think this could work for me, if done correctly...the back shrinks causing my hair to look really thin and see-through...when it's first done, it's great, but if i perspire..fuhgettaboutit! Ponytail city here i come.

diligence

I very recently texlaxed (just over a week ago), and am enjoying it so far. I have been natural pretty much my whole life, minus a very short time over twenty years ago when I had no clue of how to take good care of my hair (if I would have had access to the internet back then, I think I would have had support for my hair obsession), so I don't really count that time. For the past ten years or so, I had just been getting press and curls, when grew really tired for me...gave me "excuses" not to exercise, cost too much and took too much of my time.

Finding LHCF and seeing that it IS humanly possible to have long, healthy relaxed hair gave me the confidence to go ahead and try a relaxer. I will admit, I am a little afraid of using heat just yet, but I have been conditioning like a mad woman...I intend to continue, now that I'm able to put my hair in a bun if need be. It's nice to be able to lay down my edges if I want to wear a half-wig too. I'm looking forward to my first rollerset, which I might try this weekend (since I'm going to the Tony Toni Tone, Guy and Keith Sweat concert, yay! Giving away my age, smile)...I'm not too sure if my hair is straight enough for it to come out right...this will be my first time EVER doing one, so I guess I'll just have to see.

All in all, I'm happy with my results and I figure it's gotta be worth it for me, since I can do so much more with my hair now (hopefully) in half as much time as before. I have a few pictures in my fotki if you'd like to see my results. Good luck with whatever you decide!

blue_flower

I've been natural twice. I don't think I can do it again unless I cut my hair short, but that's not happening anytime soon. I can stretch out my texturizer for a long period of time (I stretched 8 months before) but that's it. You should look at my natural hair pics. I like my hair texture but I want to be able to easily manage my hair. I don't like bone straight either, so I texturize.

MissFallon

What part of texas are u in? I just started going to this lady in Dallas who can straighten natural hair (I've seen her do 3b-4b hair) and make it look like a fresh relaxer. She is ethiopian or something like that. Plus she only charges 25 dollars for a wash,roller set and flat iron. I've seen her do spiral sets and other rollers set and she is great. PM me for more info. I stopped in there one day thinking it was just a bss and got the shock of my life.

MissFallon

Im natural btw

ETA: They also do weaves there for 75....and really do a great job. I saw one lady get a full weave that looked really natural and another get a partial weave that could have fooled me if I wasn't watching her get it put in.

dicapr

With that off my chest:
Do you regret texlaxing?

**{{{smooches}}}**

This is the reason I am getting texlaxed tomorrow. I plan to do long stretches, but I my hair is breaking off due to alot of single strand knots. I am ready to take the plunge.

luxe.li.

I have a question. What is a texlax? And what does it do? And how can it mess your hair up for those that feel like it can mess your hair up?

hothair

I have a question. What is a texlax? And what does it do? And how can it mess your hair up for those that feel like it can mess your hair up?

Texlax is processing your hair with a relaxer but not for the full recommended time to loosen the curl while maintaining the texture...

OP: I last texlaxed in July after being natural for a nos of years, THERE'S NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE. Your hair is slightly easier to lay flat but mine still knotted and tangled as in its original state. I colour as well and have now decided to stick with being natural and straightening when I need a change of pace....

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks guys, so not much difference, HotHair? Did it help your straight styles last longer? i'm considering it to maintain my styles...humidity is heck on my hair...and perspiration and rain.....

Tybi

:wave: Hi...this is my first post! I paid my money finally because I had to jump in this one. I just texlaxed Sunday for the first time and I love it. I have been natural for two and a half years, mainly due to a bad relaxer experience. All my hair fell out and I did not even have to transition or BC! Anyway the first couple of years being natural were great, but for the last six months or so my hair has gotten extremely thick, especially right in the middle. I have to cowash daily since my hair gets so matted at night. The tangles were a nightmare, I developed a severe case of tenderheadedness, and it looked like a dead animal in my drain everyday from all the hair coming out. I was tired of spending an hour+ on my hair daily and walking out of the house looking like I just rolled out of bed. Enough was enough.

So I picked up the Just for Me softener. I wanted to keep my curls and lightly "relax" the hard to handle middle portion. I added the whole bottle of sunflower oil to the relaxer and then covered my strands with more oil. I left it on for 10 min, without smoothing or combing. My hair came out great! You can't even tell I did anything at all, but I can feel the difference when combing and see that the tight 4a coils now hang as 3c curls. I still look completely natural, and have not experienced one bit of shedding or breakage. I may repeat in 6 months, or just see how my hair is hanging then since it will be longer.

I don't regret my decision at all, and will try to post some pics tomorrow.

dicapr

I went to my mom's stylist and got texlaxed yesterday. My hair still has waves and curls when wet and when she blow dried it with out a comb it still looked like a afro. She flat ironed it strait, but around the front there were still some spriral curls in a part that she missed around the hair line. It was misty out side and my hair started to revert a little so I feel sure that my hair is not anywhere near bone straight. I am resisting the urge to wash. I want to see what I really am working with. I plan to only relax 2X a year so that I can retain my thickness. So here goes nothing!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
JFM texture softner is the most awesome thing I've used to texlax. I just don't know how to retouch:rolleyes: If I ever do texlax in the future again, it will be with that.:yep:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

:wave: Hi...this is my first post!Welcome, Tigerlily, welcome.... I paid my money finally because I had to jump in this one. I am honored by your presence. I just texlaxed Sunday for the first time and I love it. great. I have been natural for two and a half years, mainly due to a bad relaxer experience. All my hair fell out and I did not even have to transition or BC! Anyway the first couple of years being natural were great, but for the last six months or so my hair has gotten extremely thick, especially right in the middle. I have to cowash daily since my hair gets so matted at night. The tangles were a nightmare, I developed a severe case of tenderheadedness, and it looked like a dead animal in my drain everyday from all the hair coming out. I was tired of spending an hour+ on my hair daily and walking out of the house looking like I just rolled out of bed. Enough was enough.you feel me on that~ my hair FEELS great, but it doesn't LOOK great. I love touching my natural hair, it's soooo soft, but it will not hold a style the weather, perspiration all of that just ruins my hairstyles and i'm tired of it, too...i've got a rep to protect :rolleyes:. i was called "aunt jemima" bcs i wore my scarf (a very fashionable scarf i might add) into my office building....i refused to let the fog ruin my freshly flat ironed hair...did i care? NO!!! The person who said it had a head full of quick weave and i wanted to say something, but i refrained, *somebody hold me back!!!* &^%$#!*& ^&*@#! &^&* $$%^&#!!!

So I picked up the Just for Me softener. I wanted to keep my curls and lightly "relax" the hard to handle middle portion. I added the whole bottle of sunflower oil to the relaxer and then covered my strands with more oil. I left it on for 10 min, without smoothing or combing. My hair came out great! You can't even tell I did anything at all, but I can feel the difference when combing and see that the tight 4a coils now hang as 3c curls. I still look completely natural, and have not experienced one bit of shedding or breakage. I may repeat in 6 months,that sounds like what i want to do, maybe twice a year, max.... or just see how my hair is hanging then since it will be longer.

I don't regret my decision at all, and will try to post some pics tomorrow.
i will look for your pictures, great testimony~ welcome again...

I went to my mom's stylist and got texlaxed yesterday. My hair still has waves and curls love it. when wet and when she blow dried it with out a comb it still looked like a afro. She flat ironed it strait, but around the front there were still some spriral curls yes!!! in a part that she missed around the hair line. It was misty out side and my hair started to revert a little so I feel sure that my hair is not anywhere near bone straight. I am resisting the urge to wash. I want to see what I really am working with. I plan to only relax 2X a year so that I can retain my thickness. So here goes nothing!
So you did, it, Dicapr?! oh, great, so you seem to be pleased right, you can still wear a fro, so that's a really good thing...when you wash it please post. I need all the details, all of them....what product did she use? a relaxer or jfm or silk elements, do you know? did she mix anything into it?

JFM texture softner is the most awesome thing I've used to texlax. I just don't know how to retouch:rolleyes: If I ever do texlax in the future again, it will be with that.:yep:
ddtexlaxed, is that you? i thought we were partners here? :spinning: where you been? pm me, sista...anyway, so you like the jfm...girl, when i saw those initials a while back, i thought it was some type of jm lazartique product or somthing like phyto until i figured it was just for me, i thought, wow, everyone is giving this such rave reviews, i can buy this at walgreens! how ya like that? I was just concerned bcs i heard about the no lye issue, but many are saying it's not a problem...my dominican stylist pulled this out for me to look at on wednesday, also and she said it's great and would cause my hair to curl, reapply twice a year...natrlchallenge, do you add oil and conditioner to yours?

Do any of you add oil and conditioner to jfm? also are there various strengths of this like, mild, regular, coarse? or are they all the same?

as always, tia!

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

does anyone use ors with olive oil relaxing system? i've hear it also works well...what about silk elements mild? please post your experiences....as well as how you mix em up and apply.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just used what was in the kit when I used the JFM. I just wish I knew how to retouch. My hair was natural looking and easier to part.:rolleyes:.