Naturals who use protien weekly

sunnybunny

Naturals, do you use protien weekly? If so what do you use? I figure our hair isn't chemically processed but its still being combed and manipulated which means we need protien right? let me know what you ladies think.

I use Aubrey Organics GPB once a week...no problems. It seems to work. I use it on dry hair as a pretreatment.

i'm sooo traumatized by protein:eek: :eek: . i thought i was doing a good thing by using it weekly but it tore my hair up!! the sin is it took me a long time to find out that that was the problem! wow!! if its not alot of it in a product its ok but that heavy duty protein stuff is not for me!!!:(

my moisturizer has light protein in it and i use it weekly. i also use shampoos and conditioners with light to moderate protein every 2 weeks. i went a long time without using any protein and my hair was a wreck! once i started to add a little protein things got better. i think even though we are natural, we can benefit from light to moderate protein at least once or twice a month...heavier protein treatments if you use a lot of heat or style/comb/brush a lot. it definitely keeps the hair resilient.

GPB everyother week. I heard that curly hair has some natural weak "bends" in and I examnined a strand of my hair and found it to be true....so I think the protein helps with this :yep:

Back