My Reshma henna looks a LOT different than usual...

veggiegirl314

I'm afraid to put it in my hair.

I bought three boxes from the Indian store today. I opened one box, and mixed it as usual. It looked like it was a different color green than usual, and when I added green tea, it turned pretty dark. I threw that batch out.

I mixed up a SECOND batch, and this one looks weird, too. Darker than usual. Usually I start seeing dye release after half an hour, but there's no dye release for this stuff.

I'm really disappointed, because I've been using Reshma for months with no problems whatsoever. Did they change their formula or something? :ohwell:

laurend

It probably was on the store shelf for a long time. I think it was old. I usually don't buy henna at the store but from hennaforhair or the hennahut. They sell fresh henna.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I'm afraid to put it in my hair.

I bought three boxes from the Indian store today. I opened one box, and mixed it as usual. It looked like it was a different color green than usual, and when I added green tea, it turned pretty dark. I threw that batch out.

I mixed up a SECOND batch, and this one looks weird, too. Darker than usual. Usually I start seeing dye release after half an hour, but there's no dye release for this stuff.

I'm really disappointed, because I've been using Reshma for months with no problems whatsoever. Did they change their formula or something? :ohwell:

Different years lend different crops. Henna is organic and will not produce the exact same product time after time.

nikki2229

I used Reshma today and when I mixed it last night, my mix was dark green also. I mixed mine with chamomile tea. I thought something was wrong with it too. I tested it on the palm of my hand and it stained; so I used it for DD and I. I conditioned and ponytail rollerset her hair and all is well. I still have conditioner on my hair.

Good luck.

veggiegirl314

I used Reshma today and when I mixed it last night, my mix was dark green also. I mixed mine with chamomile tea. I thought something was wrong with it too. I tested it on the palm of my hand and it stained; so I used it for DD and I. I conditioned and ponytail rollerset her hair and all is well. I still have conditioner on my hair.

Good luck.

Thanks. I left the Reshma in my hair for a few hours and rinsed it out. I have conditioner in my hair now, too. So far, so good!

nikki2229

I left mine in for 3 hours and DD's in for 2 hours. Her hair came out great. This is her 1st henna. If I remember tomorrow, I will post a pic of her hair.

Attachments

• 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: