My Honey Child's Sofia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease

crumbling_images

I just received my first order from My Honey Child. This order included the following products:

Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease - LOVE IT!
Soft like butter, has a light lemon smell. Very rich & concentrated. A little goes a long way. It made my hair easy to comb and detangle. This will become one of my staple hair products. The ingredients are listed below:

Sunflower Butter, Raw Honey, Rosemary oil , Olive Oil, Fruit Enzymes, and Fresh Peach oil.

Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste - Review Pending...
Purified Water, Shea Butter, Lavendin Super Organic Essential Oil, Palmarosa Organic Essential Oil, (Sweet Almond, Avocado, Sunflower and Organic Shea Butter oil), Unfiltered Raw Honey, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Wheat germ Oil, Organic Kelp Powder, And Vitamin A and E Oil.

Organic Shea Butter Scalp Cleaner - Review Pending...
Shea Butter, Lavendin Super Organic Essential Oil, Palmarosa Organic Essential Oil, Purified Water, Saponified Natural Fruit And Vegetable Oils (Coconut, Palm, Castor Bean, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Sunflower, Organic Shea Butter), Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Wheat germ Oil, Organic Kelp Powder, And Vitamin E Oil.

Cognac and Vanilla Hair Texturizer - Review Pending...
Hydrogenated castor oil, glycerin and vegetable-derived gel, unrefined shea butter,unrefined cocoa butter , pure essential oils of organic vanilla, pink grapefruit, clementine and blood orange, and a splash of cognac.

Afrikoko Silky Hair Lotion - Review Pending...
Pure Unfiltered Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Coconut Milk , Nutmeg, Cinnamon, White Truffle and Cherry Jubilee Essence oil.

Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner - Review Pending...
Distilled Water ,Unsulphured Molasses, Castor Oil ,Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Vitamin E And Vitamin A

Ok, the products listed below aren't hair products but they are interesting...

Queen Bee Body Creme
Royal Jelly, Raw Honey, Shea and Almond Butter , Purfied Water , Nag Champa and Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil

Very light and creamy. Does not leave a greasy residue on hands. The fragrance is not very strong. Skin seems smooth and has a 'matte' finish, if that makes any sense.

Bath & Shower Gel - Scent: Vintage - An old world smell, very delicate....
Saponified organic oils of coconut, olive and jojoba, glycerin/vegetable gum extract, organic aloe vera, rosemary extract, to which I add natural essential oils for scent and effect.

This is a very nice organic and natural cleaser; however, I did not like the smell. The skin is left cleansed and moisturized. Will repurchase. I would like to try the other scents too.

Other scents:
Groovy Grapefruit: Wild and Zesty
Vanilla Oatmeal : Very sweet and tranquil
Citrus Sunshine: All the citrus smells
Aloe Baby: Just pure and natural
Like Butter Baby : Sweet, and creamy

wow, this stuff seems yummy!!! I need to get my credit card out.... where to buy, where to buy :grin::grin::grin:

I love her hair grease! Please tell me how the Afrikoko Hair Lotion is, I have been wanting to try it but she don't offer samples in it & I even emailed her to ask if she could and she said she couldn't. I want to try more of her products, the ingredients are Delish and I also love her Honey Hair Mask it makes my hair soft and the scent last in my hair, others didn't like it but I sure did. I don't like her type 2,3,4 hair creams, they didn't work for me. I also didn't like her Milks because they were watery, but I see she has added more milks and they are suppose to be thicker.

Everything you have I want to try so please give a review, That Cognac & Vanilla Texturizer sounds so good, I want to try that too. You just gotta come back and tell me/us.

Also are you natural or Relaxed?

Thanks

I'm liking this line too. I like the type 4 cream, olive you deep conditioner, tea tree and peppermint detangler, and jamican island shampoo. These are the only natural products that have worked really well on my natural hair. I just placed an order for the grease, can't wait!

Nappy Paradise:
Well, the Afrikoko Hair Lotion is a little thin and watery. It kinda looks like 2% milk. It's ok, but my hair is extremely dense so it only moisturizes the hair slightly. The Cognac and Vanilla Hair Texturizer is a little thicker than the Afrikoko hair lotion. It's slightly sticky with a sweet smell. It moisturizes a bit better than the hair lotion but it's not quite good enough for my dense hair. Tonight, I am washing my hair with the Shea Butter Scalp Cleanser and will follow it up with the Shea Butter Paste and the Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner.

I am completely natural. I've been natural for the last eight years!! :ohwell: I'm taking a month break from my usual hair style of kinky/curly twist extensions to actually review & test all of my hair products. My goal is to get rid of all the junk that's cluttering my bathroom and to establish a base line for all of my staple products. One staple for sure from the My Honey Child collection will be the Sofia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease, the Olive You! Deep Conditioner and the Caribbean Activator.

I love her hair grease! Please tell me how the Afrikoko Hair Lotion is, I have been wanting to try it but she don't offer samples in it & I even emailed her to ask if she could and she said she couldn't. I want to try more of her products, the ingredients are Delish and I also love her Honey Hair Mask it makes my hair soft and the scent last in my hair, others didn't like it but I sure did. I don't like her type 2,3,4 hair creams, they didn't work for me. I also didn't like her Milks because they were watery, but I see she has added more milks and they are suppose to be thicker.

Everything you have I want to try so please give a review, That Cognac & Vanilla Texturizer sounds so good, I want to try that too. You just gotta come back and tell me/us.

Also are you natural or Relaxed?

Thanks

Thank You so much for the review! Now let us know how the shampoos are because I want to get those for my daughter's hair, hers is very thick and dry.

Ok, so I tried the Shea Butter Scalp cleaner last night. I ordered the trial 2oz. size which was a joke for my hair. The product itself is liquidly and white and did not lather very well. It was ok, my hair got cleaned but I guess I'm just so used to those regular commerical, chemically laden shampoos that this shampoo did not impress me. I will not repurchase again. However, the Shea Butter Paste was an extraordinarily nice treat. Smooth and creamy; not as heavy as I would have hoped. Smelled like lemons. My hair felt moisturized. Like the scalp cleaner, I only ordered this product in the 2oz. trial jar which was enough product for half of my head. So, for the other half, I deep conditioned with the Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner. Because of the water and molasses in the product, I kept it in the fridge. It looks like a light pink hair pudding..Not as thick or creamy as I like my conditioners. It covered my hair smoothly. It's a nice deep conditioner but I much prefer the Olive You Deep Conditioner!! Although, this molasses DC felt nice I will not repurchase.

Thank You so much for the review! Now let us know how the shampoos are because I want to get those for my daughter's hair, hers is very thick and dry.

Thank You! I don't know why everything is so Liquidy, I have heard that alot, But she has great ingredients so I would figure they would work like a charm, But it don't seem worth my money,All I can use is her Honey Hair Mask & Gel,so I guess I will Load up on that LOL!!!!! But I would figure the products would be thicker but everything seems to be watery and I Like Lather LOL!!!

Thank You for your review, so far all of the reviews have been the same everytime I ask someone. Off to find another Line!!!

My Honey Child products.... I liked the Olive you Condish....I don't know if they still make it.

Everything else was - umm.... not so hot.... But.... That was 3 years ago.

My Honey Child products.... I liked the Olive you Condish....I don't know if they still make it.

Everything else was - umm.... not so hot.... But.... That was 3 years ago.

yeah they still make it. some of her things are hit or miss. the type 3 creme and papaya hair paste, KEEPERS! oh and the lemon pudding hair lotion and even the honey hair mask. i still have a couple samples to try but the caribbean stuff i HATED

yeah they still make it. some of her things are hit or miss. the type 3 creme and papaya hair paste, KEEPERS! oh and the lemon pudding hair lotion and even the honey hair mask. i still have a couple samples to try but the caribbean stuff i HATED

Agreed....:yep::yep: 26 bucks for the stuff I have home now... is kind of silly for me... But I do think Olive you condish is great.

Back