***My 1st Year NATURAL!!!*** PIC HEAVY

What is your natural hair story? Did you transition? What made you go natural? Your hair is beautiful.

[USER][/USER]virtuenow Thank you so much! :grin: I am curious to know your reason for not commenting on censored faces, that is interesting. Personally, I am just a private person and I prefer for my face to not be floating around the net.

I transitioned for 2 years and 8 months. I decided to go natural for many reasons. Initially, I came to a point where I was no longer impressed with my relaxed hair. Mind you, I did not have a "relaxed horror story" like many who decide to go natural. I was just annoyed how I would leave the salon after I had just spent so much money on a fresh relaxer and still be "meh" about the way my hair looked.

Most importantly though, my work as an fine artist has inspired me. A majority of my work is targeted toward children, diversity, and self acceptance— subjects I am very passionate about. I think of how as a child, I wanted to look like my mother who, at the time, had an S-curl/Jerry curl lol. I wanted one so badly and I remember when I asked her why I could not get it done to my hair she did not have a very good reason. She told me that my hair was "fine" the way that it was. Even as a child, I knew that this was a bit hypocritical.:lol: I think of the day when I will have my own children, and ideally I would love for them to see me celebrating my God given curls.

Thank you for the lovely comments everyone!!

Love your texture!

This is precisely how I like my flatironed hair to look. Exactly like this. Nice and full.

What products do you use in general?

[USER][/USER]Harina Thanks! I wash my hair with Terressentials (previously it was Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo) and I condition my hair with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. Once in a blue moon I will use ORS Pak, but I doubt I will use it again.

For moisture I use Raw Shea Butter. My oils are Coconut Oil & Castor Oil. And that is all! I keep it very simple.

Your hair looks amazing :love:!

How did you get this look :drunk:?

[USER][/USER]kblc06 Thank you!! I blew out my hair with heat protectant only. Then I used a tiny bit of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum on the sections I was about to flatiron. At night I would put 2-3 pin curls, this would give my hair a tiny bit of curl and body in the morning. The fullness is mainly due to the fact that is extremelyyy difficult for me to get my hair super straight. But I think I prefer it fuller anyway.

[USER][/USER]Harina Thanks! I wash my hair with Terressentials (previously it was Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo) and I condition my hair with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. Once in a blue moon I will use ORS Pak, but I doubt I will use it again.

For moisture I use Raw Shea Butter. My oils are Coconut Oil & Castor Oil. And that is all! I keep it very simple.

Nerd. Thanks! Which Terressentials scent do you use? And I'm assuming you put the shea butter on damp hair?

@Nerd. Thanks! Which Terressentials scent do you use? And I'm assuming you put the shea butter on damp hair?

[USER][/USER]Harina I use the Lavender scented Terressentials, I haven't tried any other one as of yet. And yes! the shea butter is used on damp hair, as I only twist/braid my hair when it is damp or lightly spritzed with water.

Your hair is extra beautiful, doll. I have to say though, your thread's title is a bit misleading.

Sent from my sexy phone.

Your hair is extra beautiful, doll. I have to say though, your thread's title is a bit misleading.

Sent from my sexy phone.

Thank you![USER][/USER]bellebebe I can understand why you may think this. However, you have to remember that despite my long transition I could not fully deem myself "natural" until my hair was free from relaxed ends, which was officially April of 2012 when I cut off the remaining chemical. :yep:

Back