MegaTek and OCT Questions

hervirtue

Hi ladies, I tracked my MegaTek order and it's waiting at home for me..YEAH :yep:!!! BUT, I could really use some clarification on the following:

Application of MegaTek on the scalp:
1. Does it really matter if I use it straight or if it's diluted and will it affect the growth results either way?

2. Is it better to wash out each night or leave it on? I'm not one to cowash daily, I'm natural and am wearing my hair in microbraids using only my own hair, but I still don't want to be wetting my hair everyday.

Application of OCT (I ordered it and it should arrive Friday):
1. For those of you who purchased the Creme Rinse, does it REALLY make that much of a difference to soften your hair and increase growth after you use OCT, I'm considering purchasing it, but I won't if it's really not needed.

2. Can I apply OCT to the length of my hair, should I leave it in or should I wash it out?

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I've been trying to catch myself up using the threads, but their so long I feel like I'm just getting lost.

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT USING THESE PRODUCTS :grin:

I have the entire Ovation system... I used them all together once a week. The creme rinse isnt' all that...but best believe I'm going to use it up. As far as leaving the OCT in your hair...I wouldn't. When I do use it on the entire length of my hair its for 2-3 minutes at the most. I do this once a week (wash day)...

When applied to my scalp I sleep with it(OCT) in. Rinse it out and do my co-wash as usual. I do this 2-3 x a week depending on how I feel.

MT Questions:

Anything used pure will be stronger/more effective. The rate of decreased effectivitiy based on increased dilution, no one's calculated. I'd suggest trying it, and if it feels sticky/gummy/like it isn't sinking in to your hair, I'd start with trying to use less, and then I'd add in an oil, or something.

How long to leave in on your scalp is also a personal thing. I don't wet my hair daily, but I still apply daily, and I still think that I'm getting good growth. If you have time/the ability to wet your hair daily, I think that would work wonderfully, too.

I don't use/haven't brought OCT, so I can't speak on that, but I will say that you should treat both products like strong proteins when applied to your length. :yep:

Back