Making my hair blonde

celiabug

I just dyed my hair (tried to) blonde and my bottom half didn't take it only my roots did. I think it was because I had dyed my hair black and it was growing out but I was wondering how long do I have to wait before I try and bleach the bottom half again?

Yea, what kind of bleach did you use? Developer alone is not bleach, FYI . Also, what did you use to dye your hair black with. If you used Bigen, it may not lift at all even with bleach. It didn't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@NikStar I used clairol and I dyed it black with that clairol natural stuff about two months ago. Its supposed to be temporary.

Natural Instincts? Yea, that's what I use now so in case I get sick of black and want to lighten I have the option (with bleach). Even though Natural Instincts black is suppose to be SEMI-permanent, it tend to not wash out all the way. It looks like you're trying to lift too soon after doing it. Like another poster suggested, you should try something like Color Fix or Color Oops to try to get as much of the color out before bleaching, both can be found at Sallys. There's reviews on it on folica.com too, if you're curious.

NikStar thanks! I think I'm going to try and lift the color before I bleach it again. I think I'm going to wait about 3 weeks before I bleach it again.

Natural Instincts is actually a DEMI permanent, because youre using a low level developer, so it will penetrate the hair as opposed to just sitting on top of it. And yes, black is a ****** to remove. From what I've seen in the past, since the black is not your natural color, it will take several steps to remove the black, and then to get it to blonde, your hair will have to go through several different color levels to get to blonde (red, orange, yellow) and even after that, you may need a toner to get it to a nice, neutral blonde because the end result may initially be too yellow/warm.

I think that I am going to try that color lifter, I died my hair black about a month and a half ago, it isn’t Jet black, and I did Bigen about 2 years ago, and I just want a change for the summer, I m going to try it this weekend. Im so scared, ahaha

Ion has a color corrector, anyone ever tried that?

Back