Longtime Lurker Reforming!

This is just a post to introduce myself and to say hello! I have been lurking for quite a while and decided it was time for me to post. I have learned so much from this forum it's unreal. Hopefully I can share and help someone else like you all have helped me. I started my journey in March 04 after a bad experience with Wave Nouveau. I cut my hair down to 1/2 inch, which is actually how I've worn it most of my adult life. I am now APL, natural, and very happy with my progress. I have an album:

http://photos.yahoo.com/leighangela1

Please check it out, and thanks for letting me introduce myself.

Hello new sister and welcome!

Your hair is sooooooo lovely! How are you straightening your hair? It looks so nice. This is a true saying...when one thing turns out bad in your life, it turns around to be a blessing. So goodbye, Wave Nouvau...Hello to the God-given waves coming out your head!!!:p

Thank you! Your hair is pretty, also, so shiny! I straighten with the Maxiglide with a some coconut oil. I bought some Redken Heat Glide, but I haven't used it yet.

Yes, something bad often turns into a blessing. Through this forum I have learned the patience and skills to work with my own natural hair.

nefertitiblack said:
Thank you! Your hair is pretty, also, so shiny! I straighten with the Maxiglide with a some coconut oil. I bought some Redken Heat Glide, but I haven't used it yet.

Yes, something bad often turns into a blessing. Through this forum I have learned the patience and skills to work with my own natural hair.

Thank you for those kind words. I hear that the maxiglide is really good. One day, I'll get it.

Welcome! I have to agree with all the ladies here, your hair is beautiful! Congrats on the growth, it is great when you turn a negative(wave Nouveau) into a beautiful positive.

Welcome your hair looks great. But I must admit the fro pics from the 'sept 05' are my fave. I love fros and yours is hott!

nefertitiblack said:
This is just a post to introduce myself and to say hello! I have been lurking for quite a while and decided it was time for me to post. I have learned so much from this forum it's unreal. Hopefully I can share and help someone else like you all have helped me. I started my journey in March 04 after a bad experience with Wave Nouveau. I cut my hair down to 1/2 inch, which is actually how I've worn it most of my adult life. I am now APL, natural, and very happy with my progress. I have an album:

http://photos.yahoo.com/leighangela1

Please check it out, and thanks for letting me introduce myself.

LOL girl you know you cant go from 1/2 inch to APL and not post!! We need to know your regime! Congrats!!! :grin:

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome. To get compliments from you ladies that I have admired so much from afar means a lot to me.

Back