KIMMAYTUBE, EDIESE, and all these WL Updates Make Me…....

alive

They make me excited to see their progress but anxious to see mine too!!! (y’all know EXACTLY what I’m talking about :lol:) I loved the part where Ediese said “I have no desire to grow it any longer” haha. I can’t wait to say those words but in the mean time, I’m just going to keep working hard at not getting overly adventurous and messing up my progress. the going has been great so far but the likes of optimum no lye, henna , etc have been tempting me lately :yep:

What about you? how do you feel when you see people achieve their hair goals? And what are you going to do about it? :poke:

I love the progress pics especially when they show the previous 3 to 6 months. Its very encouraging. I try not to look at anything too far from where I am MBL, WL, HL because although beautiful, it makes me feel a little anxious and I start trying to get too far to fast. I get real nutty like trying to measure my hair with a piece of paper while at work. I had to put myself on time out.

I am so looking forward to December though when a mass of challenge and update pictures will hit. I am trying to brace myself for my own progress check. It will be my 1st and I'm not sure how I will feel.

In the meantime I am still working on perfecting my regimen and I am putting my hair up in kinky twists for the next few months to give myself a mental break from the length checks.

I love all the progress and the updates. Thanks for sharing ladies.

personally, I got goose bumps wen I saw kimmaytubes last update, her hair has like taken off. i havnt seen ediese's though.

seeing good progress from relativly simple reggies makes me commit more to my goal

Im gonna get a weave so i can have hair like them.. LOL!

But no seriously i love the progress they have made it just makes me happy to see these women going against the status quo and disproving that "black people can't grow long hair

Man i felt ignorant just typing that...

I love the progress pics especially when they show the previous 3 to 6 months. Its very encouraging. I try not to look at anything too far from where I am MBL, WL, HL because although beautiful, it makes me feel a little anxious and I start trying to get too far to fast.

gosh i hadn't even thought of that. im nowhere near WL but that doesn't stop me from looking forward to it before even reaching BSL :rofl: great advice!

I get real nutty like trying to measure my hair with a piece of paper while at work. I had to put myself on time out.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: that's funny

personally, I got goose bumps wen I saw kimmaytubes last update, her hair has like taken off. i havnt seen ediese's though.

Here's the link to Ediese's update
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread501930.html

simply outstanding in every way!

Im gonna get a weave so i can have hair like them.. LOL!

But no seriously i love the progress they have made it just makes me happy to see these women going against the status quo and disproving that "black people can't grow long hair

Man i felt ignorant just typing that...

:rofl: :rofl: you know, people don't say fake it till you make it for nothing :lachen:

gosh i hadn't even thought of that. im nowhere near WL but that doesn't stop me from looking forward to it before even reaching BSL :rofl: great advice!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: that's funny

The weird part about it is that once you get to APL, BSB/BSL you many start to have hairnorexia and disbelieve that you are within reach. I'm BSL and am hesitant about joining challenges like MBL 2011 or even BSL 2010. For some reason I don't believe it but then again I'm a natural that generally stays braided/twisted/bunned so I rarely see my hair either.

The weird part about it is that once you get to APL, BSB/BSL you many start to have hairnorexia and disbelieve that you are within reach. I'm BSL and am hesitant about joining challenges like MBL 2011 or even BSL 2010. For some reason I don't believe it but then again I'm a natural that generally stays braided/twisted/bunned so I rarely see my hair either.

I swear there are no truer words! When I first joined the forum and I would see threads where people would ask other members if they were a certain length, I'd think to myself, "Show-off! You know you're [SL/APL/BSL,etc.] lol!" Now, I see that hair anorexia is real!

I'm in the LadyP challenge, and after my co-wash last night, I noticed that some of the hair at my neck had slipped out of the cornrows. When I stretched that piece, it touched my shoulders (and I have a long neck!)! I couldn't believe it, and still don't consider myself shoulder length lol.

What do I do when they reach their goal? Oh that's easy- I stalk their fotkis and YT channels for their reggies and see if mine compares to theirs :lol:

Back