just realized after 2weeks of use that this CD product is supposed to be rinsed out!

FineChyna

i am not sure if the way i was using the shea butter makes a difference but i just looked at the jar today and saw that it was supposed to be used as a rinse out deep conditioner. the product doesn't say that on the site and it is listed under conditioning hair dress which made me think it was a leave in. when i got it i was so happy to try it i didn't even re read the label. i figured what was posted on the site told me all i needed to know. i don't need another rinse out conditioner :(

i don't think it had any negative effects on my hair but i am wondering if the product is still useful as a leave in. it stinks and i was using it to get those very dry areas a boost but i am wondering if i should continue to use it as is...? does anyone use it as a leave in?

the site describes the item as
Khoret Amen Shea Butter Hair Smoothie
A rich, deep penetrating blend of essential oils of ylang-ylang, clary sage, bay leaf, cedarwood, and patchouli join a super-rich emulsion of seaweed, shea butter, cocoa butter, and jojoba oil to create an intense conditioning treatment to treat dull, unruly hair.

A blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil, artfully blended with an infusion of chamomile, marigolds, lavender and oh-so-good-for-the-hair seaweed.

caribeandiva

Human being
it won't harm your hair if you use it as a leave-in. it might flake though. i've never used this product so i can't tell you my experiences with it.

FineChyna

caribeandiva said:
it won't harm your hair if you use it as a leave-in. it might flake though. i've never used this product so i can't tell you my experiences with it.
i didn't experience any flaking what so ever but i noticed the product was very very creamy-like a "wet" creamy texture. i guess i know why now...lol was the product use changed because on the site it appears as a leave in and is with the other leave in pomades but on the lable it says wash out

caribeandiva

Human being
if your hair loves it and it doesn't harm then use it as a leave-in. ignore what the bottle says. for example, most conditioners say to leave them on 3-5 minutes yet us black ladies have to leave them in for at least 15 minutes so they can work their magic. you'll be fine.

glamazon386

You'll be okay. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and my hair loved it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol: Oh yeah, this is OT but TSUPrincess your bun looks great. :up: How did you do it? Just with your hair or did you put a donut or something in it? It looks so perfect. Now if only I could get my buns to look like that... :lol:

I used that on my daughters hair and she kept whining about the smell, but it did give good results. I probably won't be using it again, it's bad enough she whines about me doing her hair period. If I have a comb in my hand she start going crazy:lol:

Miosy

FineChyna said:
i am not sure if the way i was using the shea butter makes a difference but i just looked at the jar today and saw that it was supposed to be used as a rinse out deep conditioner. the product doesn't say that on the site and it is listed under conditioning hair dress which made me think it was a leave in. when i got it i was so happy to try it i didn't even re read the label. i figured what was posted on the site told me all i needed to know. i don't need another rinse out conditioner :(

i don't think it had any negative effects on my hair but i am wondering if the product is still useful as a leave in. it stinks and i was using it to get those very dry areas a boost but i am wondering if i should continue to use it as is...? does anyone use it as a leave in?

the site describes the item as
Khoret Amen Shea Butter Hair Smoothie
A rich, deep penetrating blend of essential oils of ylang-ylang, clary sage, bay leaf, cedarwood, and patchouli join a super-rich emulsion of seaweed, shea butter, cocoa butter, and jojoba oil to create an intense conditioning treatment to treat dull, unruly hair.

A blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil, artfully blended with an infusion of chamomile, marigolds, lavender and oh-so-good-for-the-hair seaweed.

I use the smoothie as a pre-poo treatment and leave it on for hours. I never left it as a leave in because the oils smell way too strong for me but I agree with everyone else; I don't think it will do any harm to leave it as a leave-in. It doesn't have any harmful ingredients in it.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
bmoreflyygirl said:
You'll be okay. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and my hair loved it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol: Oh yeah, this is OT but TSUPrincess your bun looks great. :up: How did you do it? Just with your hair or did you put a donut or something in it? It looks so perfect. Now if only I could get my buns to look like that... :lol:

OT: Thanks, I used a sock bun and a skinny ouchless hairtie to hold the hair in place over the bun.