Jheri Juice Retention

Do any of you spray it on your scalp, What do you do for shedding? I am retaining length but now my shedding is out of control. How often are some of you relaxing or texlaxing?

Any RETENTION longer length thickness UPDATES LADIES? I am getting good retention. just want it to accumulate FASTER, LOLOL

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

lllloooll ahahahahahahahahaahah,

<--bout to choke on hotdog, myfreind you knowwwwwwww mee so well:lachen::grin:.

when i saw the title, i was like :reddancer:"here i gooo"

all i have to say is, i went from SL to WL with jerri juice, i love jerri juices, i live by the juice, i die by the juice:yep:
I see you have been a fan of 'the juice' for a very long time. And you've also always been very funny. Live by the juice.... :lachen:

I see you have been a fan of 'the juice' for a very long time. And you've also always been very funny. Live by the juice.... :lachen:
LOL!!! Thank you for this funny (throwback) reminder of how I was/am. I still use the same-ole juice. My energy is too high sometimes...

I'm "ride or die" for the Juice :D

I thought about starting a Juice/Grease challenge, but I don't want to scare anyone.

Back then I started a new life and left to forum for a while. Y'all are so welcoming:rose::blush:. This thread brings back so many good feelings. If you y'all could see my closet (It's full of bottles of Juice) can tell that I stand by the JUICE. Curl activator is the troof.

I use Care Free Gold or Luster's s-curl as the last step in styling my hair. I only use about a tablespoon since my hair is short. This thread was still helpful because you ladies mentioned brands I have never heard of. I never had a jherri curl when I was a kid back in the 80s so I never got exposed to the different brands.

Details on how you use and which one you use @AdoraAdora24

upload_2017-11-29_8-51-56.jpeg Boom! This product right here has been my friend. We go way back. My hair stays moisturized for days and days. It has never failed me. I have been using this same one for almost two decades. I have a big box of 16oz of these in my closet, and I do mean a BIG box.

I think all of the curl activators are good. S Curl is another good one. Even African braid spray is good.

How I use it is, I wash my hair and let air dry. Once my hair is about 8o% dry, that is when I apply the Care Free Curl. Than I seal my ends with Blue Magic just on the ends.

I used S-Curl for the first time yesterday and when I say my hair was so so soft.....my hair was so soft!! Ohhhh and the slip (Ooh la la) was very nice. Upon spraying and gliding it through my hair, it kind of reminded me of the Giovanni Direct Leave In (my top leave in for slip), but once dried my hair is more moisturized than when I use Giovanni.

I will say I am a bit concerned about the long term effects of using it, since it has a cone. My hair tangles badly with clarifying shampoos, so I'm not sure what I'll do about potential build up. I did read online that cleansers with cocamidopropyl betaine can remove silicones. It just so happens that that ingredient is in the Curls Hair Wash (which I just started using and absolutely love). So we will see how this goes.

Edited: One one more thing I noticed as it pertains to my hair being soft...for a moment I felt like it may have been TOO soft. Made me remember that I haven't done a protein treatment in a while (probably over a year--yea I know that's bad).

Last edited:
I used S-Curl for the first time yesterday and when I say my hair was so so soft.....my hair was so soft!! Ohhhh and the slip (Ooh la la) was very nice. Upon spraying and gliding it through my hair, it kind of reminded me of the Giovanni Direct Leave In (my top leave in for slip), but once dried my hair is more moisturized than when I use Giovanni.

I will say I am a bit concerned about the long term effects of using it, since it has a cone. My hair tangles badly with clarifying shampoos, so I'm not sure what I'll do about potential build up. I did read online that cleansers with cocamidopropyl betaine can remove silicones. It just so happens that that ingredient is in the Curls Hair Wash (which I just started using and absolutely love). So we will see how this goes.

Edited: One one more thing I noticed as it pertains to my hair being soft...for a moment I felt like it may have been TOO soft. Made me remember that I haven't done a protein treatment in a while (probably over a year--yea I know that's bad).

Say what now? That's too much science...hence the phrase "it's not rocket science". I don't think too much on it. I use it, I like it, I wash it out...repeat.

I'm just poking fun. I understand what you mean.:p:D but seriously though...its not that deep for me LOL.

Last edited:
Say what now? That's too much science...hence the phrase "it's not rocket science". I don't think too much on it. I use it, I like it, I wash it out...repeat.

I'm just poking fun. I understand what you mean.:p:D but seriously though...its not that deep for me LOL.

You need to post a photo of that FABULOUS thick bun of yours. Your hair is super thick and full and photos speak volumes!

Back