Is Rollersetting Possible When...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Is rollersetting possible when you have 10 weeks of new growth? My new growth ranges from 1-2 inches all over my hair and my new growth grows in little spirals. Is it possible for someone to use a comb to straighten my new growth with my relaxed hair to get it rolled around a roller??? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yes, Jessica, it's definitely possible. The roots will be thicker if you don't have it blown out, but it can still be done and look nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I think its possible if you are gentle with the combing part AND moisturuze your new growth before rolling.

I never went this long without a relaxer and I can do rollersets but couldn't do it to my own hair with this much new growth!

My sister can do rollersets too. Well I had asked her to give me a rollerset and after I washed my hair, she looked at my hair and was like "There's no way I can rollerset that mess!"

One of my guy friends has a cousin that can do hair so I'm going to see if she can tackle my hair. If she can't do it, I guess I'll go to a salon or try it myself again!

Wish me luck!

Poohbear, do u have any dominican salons in louisiville or close by? it would turn out nice if u got it rollerset and the roots blown out. a lot of people use this as an aid when transitioning or stretching relaxers. Im assuming they dont have a problem with dealing with lots of new growth since Ive heard so many people say they do it. Im thinking if u go to a salon they will try to bully u into relaxing it...they always do that to me if I walk in w/ 5 weeks or more of new growth...grrr.

Im gonna try to get a blowout and my roots blown next week since Ive been wanting to try it and because Im a little too broke for a relaxer just yet although Im due for one. hopefully they are gentle with the 2 textures and if not I guess Ill learn my lesson!

Yes it is. I could go 12 weeks in between touch up before cutting my hair. I would have no problem rollersetting. In fact it would make it manageable for the next couple of days. Now I have trouble rollersetting 7 weeks after a touch up since a cut.

Back