Is it a bad idea . . .

Glib Gurl

. . . to get a relaxer from a stylist you've never been to before?

I'm wanting to try a new stylist recommended to me by someone on this board. I am also due for a relaxer soon. Is it a bad idea to have the relaxer be my first "go 'round" with this stylist?

Thanks!

I wouldn't do it.

I always go and get a wash and set first, to see how they treat my hair, get a chance to converse with them, see how fast they work,etc. If I don't trust you to do a set, I definitely don't trust you to put a chemical in my head.

I don't think it is a bad idea give it a try. Stay clear of any scissors going near the hair. Go for it post pic...............it will be okay especially if you like the individual's hair who recommended you.

Im torn on this one....if someone i know and trust is going to that person maybe:ohwell: But I really like to look at a person's styling,techinques and their hair health.

I don't think that I would do it on purpose...but if you really need a touch up, go and talk to the stylist first and let her know what you expect, new growth only, protect already relaxed hair, base the scalp, leave the relaxer on for X amount of time, rinse, reconstruct, neutralize, rinse, neutralize, rinse.

Let her know what your steps are. I'm sure that you can tell by the way she reacts if you should let her TOUCH your hair.

Lana

I would go for a non chemical service first and just sit and observe the stylist. But since you're going based on a recommendation from this someone then it should be okay. Just talk to the stylist first and ask them questions and tell them what your concerns are and what you expect. I did that with my stylist (the one who cuts, colors and straightens my hair) even though I was recommended to him by a friend. He was very understanding and did everything to my liking.

Back