Is applying conditioner worth it when you rinse it then add nutrient filled leave in?

dlove

Just a thought. I use Chagrin Valley Honey Butter shampoo bar. It leaves my hair exceptionally soft to the touch. I was thinking that if I rinsed with cold water to close the cuticles then add my 100% argan oil and butter mix, I am good to go. I have read that CV soaps have a high alkaline of about 9 though and that Ida thinks that you should do an ACV rinse to neutralize.

Think about it, you rinse conditoner out, then add your fabulous nutrients (oils, butter, leave ins) in and it stays for at least 24 hours to 7 days. BTW I have the very best conditioner for 4b natural hair- AO White camillia- it has a great slip and everything.

What are your thoughts about skipping out on conditioner after a wash?

Last edited:
Re: Is applying conditioner worth it when you rinse it then add nutrient filled leave

I think the main purpose of the conditioner is to soften the hair after a wash so a thorough detangling under the shower head can be done.

And I rollerset with little to no product to achieve the look i'm going for, so it's imperative for me to DC with good quality stuff/products that make my hair feel adequate.

Just my 2cents

Re: Is applying conditioner worth it when you rinse it then add nutrient filled leave

I feel that conditioner is a must! It moisturize and soften my hair which makes it manageable for me to style how i would like my hair!

Any non-conditioner after a wash users out there?

I use conditioner in order to lightly finger detangle my hair in the shower, so I personally would not skip this step. But if you feel like you don't need it and use a good leave-in I don't see why it would be an issue.

I think it's worth it.

I find conditioner is a must. I think that it is a necessary step even though I am going to put leave-ins on after. I personally co-wash about half the time I wash my hair, so I could not go without it. My hair responds so well to it, and I do not think I would step out of the box with this one. I also use Devacare One Conditioner as a leave-in sometimes even though it is meant to be washed out, so conditioners have several uses and many benefits.

If you try doing your hair without, I would be interested in knowing how you like it.

conditoner or no conditioner?

Back