Is anyone stretching their relaxer? I need a buddy for the long haul

I feel you ArabianP, my hair tangles really bad too. Im approaching my 6th week post relaxer and Im anticipating the drama. I want to stretch to 12 weeks this time (16 would be my ultimate goal), the longest I've gone was 9 weeks. I think I can pull threw tho', my hair has been in a slump lately and I wanna give it a rest. Hopefully when I relax I'll have a nice surprise.

Hi Everyone!

I just updated the list, please let me know if I missed anyone. (jaded_faerie it's in one of my previous post). Whew! I know people were stretching but boy some of ya'll are really streeeetching (big up! ;) )
ballet_bun, Thanks for wishing me luck 'cos I really think I'm gonna need it.
nolechik, Thanks for the info (I'll the check shelves the next time I enter a BSS. Hopefully not in a long time, though, yesterday I bought a 5 lb tub of Humecto (thanks Ajamericandiva). I know it sound excessive, but how could I resist a price of $26.5 including tax when three days before I saw an 18oz bottle for $20.99!)
hottopic, In a few weeks I'm going to be in a similar position, braids and more braids...
ms_kenesha, You can do it. (You're one of my inspirations)
Arabianprincess, Totally understand your position. What I don't get, however, it the fact that less than a year ago I was completely natural and new growth was no big deal now it's sometimes a source of terror (and laughter)

This is long already, but I have a question: How do you take your mind off you hair? Sometimes I think I'm obsessed with my hair(mind you I'm single and don't have any kids or any such responsibilities ;) )

mzjones

It is going to be hard. Especially for me because I normally get touchups every 5-6 weeks.
My last touchup was Oct 26. So 12 Weeks Post right now.
I am shooting for April 26. I am a person that wears her hair out no matter what. I hate buns, ponys or styles. So I will be struggling. So far so good.

Best of wishes to all of you ladies. I just extended 12 weeks and I was happy about that. I plan on relaxing tomorrow. I really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think using Sta Sof Fro really helped. I too don't wear protective styles so I thought it would be hard. Not at all. Of course I didn't use a comb at all. Mainly fingerstyling. I did pin curls at night. and sprayed my roots with the Sta Sof Fro.

Count me in. I'm going to go for a mini goal of July. If all is well I will stretch some more. I'm going to try to go for a year. This is my personal goal. So far I have 3 months and four days under my belt.

okay well yall cant count me in after tomorrow when i relax.. because after this one i just may never relax again.. (hopefully)

Ske ... :eek: ... your avatar! That's beautiful! Those colours suit you quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Super Stretch Challengers Update (chlorox hair)

It's been just about three weeks since I started this linked and I've been pretty much following my routine, wear hair out for a week, baggy for two weeks, until this morning...

I spray slightly diluted bleach in my hair ya'll :eek: . I'm trying to not worry about it but I'm dying :cry: I immediately washed my hair with CON and conditioned for 30 minutes with Humecto. But I don't if those two or so minutes were enough to cause permanent damage. :confused:

It's the stupidest thing really, I had an extra spray bottle similar to the ones I use to spray my little mixtures in my hair. So one day I decide to use it to keep diluted chlorox bleach in -- very handy when cleaning the bathroom and stuff. I knew something like this could happen so I wrapped brown tap around it so I could differentiate it from the other two, however this morning after using it to clean some surfaces I had to smooth my bun. So I distractedly began spritzing and rubbing into my hair with what I though was my rosemary water (water with a few drops of rosemary essential oil) only to smell bleach. At first I was confused then I looked at the bottle and freaked. I started wetting my hair under the sink but decided to jump in the shower. I was late for work, but I wasn't leaving that house with bleach in my hair.

It's bad enough that my hair never stopped breaking, this is just the icing on the cake. :ill:

Re: Super Stretch Challengers Update (chlorox hair)

mzjones said:
It's been just about three weeks since I started this linked and I've been pretty much following my routine, wear hair out for a week, baggy for two weeks, until this morning...

I spray slightly diluted bleach in my hair ya'll :eek: . I'm trying to not worry about it but I'm dying :cry: I immediately washed my hair with CON and conditioned for 30 minutes with Humecto. But I don't if those two or so minutes were enough to cause permanent damage. :confused:

It's the stupidest thing really, I had an extra spray bottle similar to the ones I use to spray my little mixtures in my hair. So one day I decide to use it to keep diluted chlorox bleach in -- very handy when cleaning the bathroom and stuff. I knew something like this could happen so I wrapped brown tap around it so I could differentiate it from the other two, however this morning after using it to clean some surfaces I had to smooth my bun. So I distractedly began spritzing and rubbing into my hair with what I though was my rosemary water (water with a few drops of rosemary essential oil) only to smell bleach. At first I was confused then I looked at the bottle and freaked. I started wetting my hair under the sink but decided to jump in the shower. I was late for work, but I wasn't leaving that house with bleach in my hair.

It's bad enough that my hair never stopped breaking, this is just the icing on the cake. :ill:
Wow..bleach. I'm sure no major damage done. What did u do after u put Humecto in it. Did u air dry?? Put in bun??

im stretchin out my relaxer and tha last time i had a relaxer done was in dec. around the 28th and i havent had heat on my hair since december and i blowdry my hair on cool air and i deep cond, with motions cpr and garnier frutics 5 min deep conditioner and ive been surgin since jan 28 or 29?and ive also been usin wgo and its workin well strechin it out is no problem for me, thanks to lhcf !!!im on week 6 of my relaxer and plan to stretch it out until........june? i dont know?

Sorry to hear about your mishap mzjones. I'm sure your hair will be ok.

Count me in to the challenge. I am now at 9wks and hoping to get a touch-up at the end of April or maybe May / June if I am brave enough.

Add me too. I'm 6 weeks now, hoping for 4 more....last week of March. So far so good. I wear it in a pony/bun everyday anyway.

Back