Infusions made with powdered herbs/plants: Whats YOUR method???

tailormade84

Hey ladies!

Im trying to make a water infusion using amla and brahmi - but i am problems filtering out all the powder.

Any one had any success? what's your method???

(or Is this truly impossible? :ohwell:)

p.s. i attempted to strain the mixture with a panty hose. i also tried making an oil infusion with no success :(

This thread is right on time. I want to do an oil infusion with Rosemary, Nettle, and Horsetail.

Bumpity, Bump!

I infuse using either tea bags (I have horsetail, nettle, rosemary, chamomile and sage in tea bags); powdered herbs or cut and sifted herbs. I have a crock pot that is strictly for potpourri, meaning that it is small (16 ounces) and only warms, providing a gentle heat. I pour my oil, butter or filtered water in the crock pot and either add my tea bags, or my powdered herbs or my cut and sifted herbs. When infusing my powered herbs, I add the herbs into a muslin herb baggie. I got mine from herbco.com and they cost like 20 cents each. When I infuse my cut and shifted herbs, I either add them to the muslin baggie or to a teaballer. I usually infuse a minimum of four hours; my average is six hours... When I infuse a hard butter like shea, I add an appropriate amount of an oil (like camellia or almond because when it re-solidifies I want it softened). Once I pour the infused butter mixture from the crock pot into a jar, I sit it in the refrigerator until it completely re-hardens and then take it out to let it come to room temperature for use.

Put your powders in a stocking (knee - hi) tie it like a tea bag. Pour boiling hot water over the stocking and let steep. If any powders come out of the stocking, let mixture sit and the powders will settle to the bottom and pour the remaining mixture off to another container. HTH

This thread is right on time. I want to do an oil infusion with Rosemary, Nettle, and Horsetail.

Bumpity, Bump!

I recently did this!! It was "my interpretation" of MoeGro oil. I used jojoba oil and coconut oil. Infused them with stinging nettle herb and horsetail (shavegrass) herb for about 3 days after the initial simmering. Then I washed really good an old pantyhose that I had. I cut it up, spread it over the mouth of the glass jar, and poured it into a plastic color applicator squeeze bottle with a really long tip. works wonders....and the oil mix is making my hair grow really well.

Hope this helps....:yep:

I recently did this!! It was "my interpretation" of MoeGro oil. I used jojoba oil and coconut oil. Infused them with stinging nettle herb and horsetail (shavegrass) herb for about 3 days after the initial simmering. Then I washed really good an old pantyhose that I had. I cut it up, spread it over the mouth of the glass jar, and poured it into a plastic color applicator squeeze bottle with a really long tip. works wonders....and the oil mix is making my hair grow really well.

Hope this helps....:yep:

I printed the moegro oil thread off a couple of weeks ago with the intentions of making it. thanks for sharing how you did it.

Back