I'm So Ashamed...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I\'m So Ashamed...

I went to a new stylist today and let me first give her her props!(I'll tell you why I'm so ashamed in a minute) I was pleased and I, Ms. Anti-Scissor Happy let her give me a trim. We "discussed" it first because I told her that I don't let anyone (but me) put scissors in my hair. She asked why--I told her because of SHS's. She said "you don't know how many people sit in my chair and tell me that." She showed me how much she thought needed trimming. I agreed (about 1/2 inch) +I did a little trim a few weeks ago. But somehow, I don't feel bad. I actually like the way my hair looks and it wasn't one of those big scissor happy chops. With trims like this--I can still get progress.

Anyway, the reason I'm so ashamed: She asked me what products I used. I named Creme Of Nature Shampoo, as well as Biolage and Kenra for my conditioners. So then she recommends the Keracare line to me. And I'm like "Oh, I have that!" So later, she asked me if I'd ever tried any Aveda products and I was like "Yeah, I like the Sap Moss Shampoo."

Then she caught on and just started asking me about different products. It's funny because I was able to respond to her about 95% of what she asked me about. But just think of all the product recommendations I can give to friends and Hair Buddies on the board...

She's a JC Penney stylist so once again, YOU GO JC PENNEY!
I feel like she and I were "in sync" and I haven't felt like that with a stylist in a long time!

Re: I\'m So Ashamed...

Congrats on finding a stylist that suits your needs. That is sometimes hard to do. But girl I can't believe you let someone else cut your hair. I am shocked!

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on finding a stylist that suits your needs. That is sometimes hard to do.

[/ QUOTE ] I heard that! Congratulations, Supergirl, on finding a competent stylist you can trust. I'm glad you had a good experience.
smile.gif

Hmph. I see why you feel ashamed.
laugh.gif
j/k

Why did you go to a new stylist? I thought you were happy with the one before.

I'm glad you're happy with your trim she gave.

I actually went to her because I couldn't get in touch with my lady and a friend of mine made the rec. for this particular JC Penney's. However, I must say that I like the new stylist alittle better because she did not hurt my head when applying my relaxer like the other stylist did.

hey... being an informed consumer is nothing to be ashamed of. i'm sure you taught her a few things!
laugh.gif

i'm glad things worked out, supergirl!!!
smile.gif

Well Supergirl at least she's not a SHS!

I'm missing something though...I don't see why you felt ashamed? Is it because everytime she mentioned a product you already tried it? Because you're a PJ? That's nothing to be ashamed of. Especially since you know what you're doing and you have the hair to prove it. So what were you ashamed of?
huh.gif

Girl, there should be no shame in your game! I'm thrilled for you that everything went well.
smile.gif

Supergirl I know exactly how you feel, I have found me a great stylist too. I told her I was trying to grow my hair for my wedding next year so no scissors and she agreed. She is also the first stylist to not burn my scalp. I am in love with her.

Back