I want to bun all summer!

nnmiles

Hello ladies,

Yes, I really do want to bun all summer. I like the way I look in buns, and I love the growth retention, I just want to keep my self focussed and stay out of my hair this summer. I want to be bsl by the end of the summer, and I know can do it if I just stick to my plan. For example this week, I said I would bun all week, and wouldn't you know it by wednesday I'm trying out a braidout style. But now I am convinced (especially since the braidout style I tried, turned into a crap-out :lachen:) and more focussed on sticking with buns for the summer.

Yea! I did it! I'm BSL check out my fotki!!!

Last edited:
From the looks of your hair in the pic, you can easily obtain the growth you're seeking and protective styling will help. Will you be c/o washing too?

You can do it! I've been bunning for over three months now and I love not having to think about my hair so much. Just remember - there will be days when you love it, and days you hate it. Embrace it and become one with your bun. You'll be BSL in no time!

From the looks of your hair in the pic, you can easily obtain the growth you're seeking and protective styling will help. Will you be c/o washing too?

I don't plan to cowash, just to wash once a week. Co washing is too much manipulation imo :lachen:

I want to do the same thing and start buning all summer long BUT what how can I resist the desire of changing my style after few days :'(

I'm bunning out of necessity. If I try to go something unexpected with my hair I just end up frustrated and red-faced anyway.

I'd rather save my time in the mornings for eyeshadow. :look:

I feel ya on this. I want to leave my hair alone and just let it grow, but heat just keeps calling my name and I end up wearing my hair out for a week at a time. I'd like to be bsl by September, too. I live for my buns!

me too!!
But I need to give myself like 7 free days for the summer where I'll wear my hair loose!

You can do it! I'm a consistent bunner since the beginning of 2008. It's addictive and can get boring at times, but like the other ladies said, just get yourself some pretty accessories, phony ponies/puffs and scarves/material for headwraps etc. and you'll be fine. I absolutely love it. If you need support or a bunning partner, I'm in. Just PM me in case I forget to come back to this thread.

Good Luck!

I am on this too. I started last week. I made a donut bun last weekend. I put a flower on my bun this week. Traycee had some good styles that i copied as well.

i have to stick to this. i want to get past SL this year. doing this until SEPT,

Hi NMiles,
I have the same goal. In order for me to keep my patience, I'm keeping my bun through the work week, and I'm allowed to play with a style (twist out or wng) when I co-wash and deep condition every weekend. On Monday morning I'll be ready to go back to my bun after dealing with my curly hair for the 2 days on the weekend, and by Friday evening, I'll be ready to play again!
I hope that this bunning works for growth and retention for both of us. Keep us updated on your progress.

Back