I think I'm Allergic to Sulfur... something weird going on.

nadine1977canada

:cry3: :cry3: :cry3: I have been using MTG on and off since march, twice a week. In April I started noticing that I head severe migraines almost every day. The pain was on the left side of my head going towards the back of the eye, ear and I kept having a sore neck constantly. Often, it felt like my head was to heavy for my neck, the soreness was bad.I thought I had maybe computer eye sore or that something was actually wrong with my eye.

The weirdest thing is when i did the patch test before using MTg i felt nothing! everything seemed ok

I went to see an eye doctor and got a full exam including detail pictures of my eyes from the front to the back. She comfirmed that nothing was wrong with my eye.:confused: She told me that it could be an overactive tyroid or simply migraine problems. She told me to pay close attention to all the things that I do differently lately. She said it could also be stress, since i recently lost my dad. Then I realised on e thing did i did differently was the MTG, I had no problem before MTG. So I stopped taking the MTG and surely enough no more sore/stiff neck no more migraines.:cry3: :cry:

I have tried the Miconzale Nitrate(MN) and i saw no result. I tried it on the front right of my head and I saw a clean line baby smooth were i had applied the MN.The small amount of hair growth i had was gone!So that scared me.

So now what can I use? Here are some products that i heard would be good:

http://www.indousplaza.com/data/products/beauty/o_details.asp?ProdID=6196

Fabric Naturals Biobreathe Scalp Elixir at: http://www.honeyfig.com/shop/index.php?category=1

I also had great results with Shea "ALl naturals" Shea butter leave in. I used it last year when i had braids. Mind you i kept my braids for a full year and only applied All naturals shea leave in on my scalp and it made my hair grow like crazy.

I will post my Glover's mange,sulfur8 and MTg in the Product exchange section. They are barely used.

Any advice on what products could be used instead of MTG?

Last edited:
nadine1977canada said:
Any advice on what products could be used instead of MTG?

Just leave all that stuff alone and your hair should be fine! Your hair will grow without all that stuff. :)

Happy Hair Growing!

I think in your case, simplicity is truly best! Hair growth is not worth being sick over, your hair IS going to grow regardless.

Just focus on keeping it (and yourself) healthy and retaining your length that you do gain.

Good luck.

Maybe instead of using topical growth mixtures, it would be best to concentrate on your diet, exercise and vitamins...which are insturmental in helping our hair to grow faster.

It sounds like you just don't respond well to those other kinds of products. And your health is alot more important than your hair growth.

Yes! This can't be stressed enough. :)

WomanlyCharm said:
Maybe instead of using topical growth mixtures, it would be best to concentrate on your diet, exercise and vitamins...which are insturmental in helping our hair to grow faster.

It sounds like you just don't respond well to those other kinds of products. And your health is alot more important than your hair growth.

I'm allergic to sulfur too. In small quantities it might make me itchy. But I break out in hives rfom it usually. My Dr. prescribed me some medicine with sulfur in it once and I had hives everywhere. That's how I found out. I used Glover's all over my scalp like once and next thing I knew I had a few hives. I never touched it again. It wasn't that serious to me and I don't play with my allergies. The MN worked good for me though. I just never remember to apply it. :look:

ITA if MTG is making you sick stay away from it, you could try scalp massages nightly with a light-medium oil. hth

After researching msm so much, no one is allergic to sulfur, unless its that different kind of sulfur, or impure. It maybe something else in the MTG that is giving you these problems, stay away from it. I tried it twice for about a day, it made my scalp feel tight and irritable. I have started the odorless sulfur mix, and havent felt these problems. Either way happy hair growing.

Crissi, x

Poohbear said:
Just leave all that stuff alone and your hair should be fine! Your hair will grow without all that stuff. :)

Happy Hair Growing!

I agree. I bet your hair grew so much in braids because you left it alone and kept it moisturized.

I wouldn't use that hair vitalizer stuff until you find out what's in it!

If anything you could also mix your own oils and essential oils and oil your scalp a few times a week.

Last edited:
Crissi said:
After researching msm so much, no one is allergic to sulfur, unless its that different kind of sulfur, or impure. It maybe something else in the MTG that is giving you these problems, stay away from it. I tried it twice for about a day, it made my scalp feel tight and irritable. I have started the odorless sulfur mix, and havent felt these problems. Either way happy hair growing.

Crissi, x

msm is a different kind of sulfur than the one in MTG or the one that is called "flowers of sulfur".

Back