I think I might not 'get' twists.

RainbowCurls

Or is this how they're supposed to look?

I tried them for the first time a few days ago. They look a bit more 'scraggly' and thin than other people's. Are you supposed to add extensions or something?

I quite like how they looked though. It's a bit like dreads, but without the commitment ;)

You can really see my thin ends with them though. Will be getting about 4" cut off soon.
My usual transitioning style is blowdrying/flat ironing and while doing the twists took me a bit longer, I could do it while watching DVDs, unlike straightening :lol:
So I think I'll be trying it again, probably with smaller twists.

Are there any good twist tutorials on the web?
Also, what do you use to style the twists? I used hair wax but they kept on unravelling.

deedabug

they will look like that for u if u have relaxed ends still on...when cut those off the ends should curl up and the hair should be puffy more like u see naturals hair...

some relaxed heads on here do twists but i think it's mostly for a twistout...

Super_Hero_Girl

deedabug said:
they will look like that for u if u have relaxed ends still on...when cut those off the ends should curl up and the hair should be puffy more like u see naturals hair...

some relaxed heads on here do twists but i think it's mostly for a twistout...

What she said. Good luck! :)

RainbowCurls

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to wear it as a transitioning style though. I might anyway, it'll probably look better after my cut (maybe mini chop) tommorow.
I look forward to trying twists when my hair is fully natural though.

Oh, the twistout looked awful on me!

HairPhoenix

Okay... I thought it was just me. I thought I could do the twists as a transitioning style like so many others have, but mine came out the same as yours, Doak. :lol: And my twistout... :perplexed: I am going to stick to the bun until I can get these ends off. :ohwell:

Cheleigh

I can't do twists and twistouts either, because my relaxed hair is too thin. I did do braids and braidouts during the summer.

I love twists and twistouts, but I will wait until I'm fully natural to do them.

deedabug

HairPhoenix said:
Okay... I thought it was just me. I thought I could do the twists as a transitioning style like so many others have, but mine came out the same as yours, Doak. :lol: And my twistout... :perplexed: I am going to stick to the bun until I can get these ends off. :ohwell:

roll the ends maybe??