I Screwed Up and Need HELP!

LaShanne

ok, I dont know how this happened or who can help me but here it goes...

I had planned on washing my hair last night, so i did a dry pre-poo with ORS Hair Mayo. well I got to talking on the phone and 2 hrs later i decided it was way too late to start my hair. So in my infinite wisdom i decided add some Wild Growth Oil to my ends and my new growth (9 wks) and go to sleep.

I got up this morning and washed my hair with CON poo. As i was washing/rinsing I could feel that my strands were sticking together and thickly coated with oil. I figured I put too much WGO in last night and tried to rinse it out more. No luck. I get out of the shower to look at it and it appears that either the hair mayo or the CON (or both) was also stuck in my hair. my hair is oily and coated with white stuff. I start to panic I jump back in the shower with my clarifying shampoo. didnt work. I fill a pot with ACV and water and soaked my hair in it for about 10 min. worked a little.

Now I'm calling out to the pro's here on this board. What can i do to get this oily caked on mess out of my hair! I've run out of ideas and i'm afraid i'll damage my strands (if I havent already). I'm sitting here with a shower cap on my head anxiously awaiting your replies! thanks in advance!

LaShanne

Have you combed your hair yet? The build-up needs to be loosened.

After you loosen the build-up, rinse under very warm water for a while, THEN wash with another shampoo (not CON, which has its own build-up.) Depending on how it feels and looks, rinse lather and repeat. Then moisturize with a moisturizing DC, preferably with heat, then rinse and style as usual.

I *think* something like this happened to me several years ago.

ok, I dont know how this happened or who can help me but here it goes...

I had planned on washing my hair last night, so i did a dry pre-poo with ORS Hair Mayo. well I got to talking on the phone and 2 hrs later i decided it was way too late to start my hair. So in my infinite wisdom i decided add some Wild Growth Oil to my ends and my new growth (9 wks) and go to sleep.

I got up this morning and washed my hair with CON poo. As i was washing/rinsing I could feel that my strands were sticking together and thickly coated with oil. I figured I put too much WGO in last night and tried to rinse it out more. No luck. I get out of the shower to look at it and it appears that either the hair mayo or the CON (or both) was also stuck in my hair. my hair is oily and coated with white stuff. I start to panic I jump back in the shower with my clarifying shampoo. didnt work. I fill a pot with ACV and water and soaked my hair in it for about 10 min. worked a little.

Now I'm calling out to the pro's here on this board. What can i do to get this oily caked on mess out of my hair! I've run out of ideas and i'm afraid i'll damage my strands (if I havent already). I'm sitting here with a shower cap on my head anxiously awaiting your replies! thanks in advance!

LaShanne

I know that this might not sound too good, but I have been where you are before, and this is the only thing that worked for me. Mind you I am natural as well. I took a mix of about 1 tbls dawn dishwashing liquid (yes dishwashing liquid) and put that in the 2 gallon milk jug that was already filled 80% of the way with distilled water. to that I added baking soda (the one you have in the fridge to get rid of odor. I swirled the mix, and got in the shower with my shower comb. I tried the best I could with VO5 clarifying conditioner, to gently seperate my hair into sections before begining. Once my hair was seperated into about 8-10 sections (it's best to work a little at a time to get that stuff out) I then poured some of the shampoo mix in a large cup and first soaked the section in it for approx 1-2 min. then I took out the elastic and got the shower comb to try to work through it. After working through the small section, I took my brush (not boar bristle, but the one goodie ouchless brush) and brushed through the section. Keep in mind I haven't turned on the shower yet, why waste hot water:). After working through that section making sure that the bush got the debree out, and the dawn/baking soda was getting off the oil junk, I put that section in a large twist and moved on to the next. I did my entire head like this, and lost very little hair. After each section was finished, I then turned on the shower,with the 8-10 large twists in, I rinsed my hair throughly. Next I took did a final shampoo with the mix on each twist to be sure that all the crap was out of my hair,and rinsed again throughly. Now I got out my trader joe's spa nourish and conditioned each section, letting it sit while washing up in the shower. then I rinsed out each twist, undoing the section for through rinsing and brush through again with the goody ouchless, and re-twisted that section till all were done. When I got out of the shower, my hair still felt a little stripped (which I expected) so I just put my giovanni direct leave-in n my hair, and sealed with whipped pudding. I did have to daily spritz my hair with a moisturizing leave in conditoner, and for about 2 weeks once each week, I had to deep condition to get my hair finally feeling right. I know that's a lot, but it worked for me! hth, good luck, and let us know how it turned out

thank you so much!! I'll do it! i have everything you mentioned except distilled water. I tried combing my hair out but i was losing too much hair. can anyone explain what caused this? dont worry, I'll NEVER do an overnight conditioner and oil treatment again, but can anyone tell me how this happened in the first place?

Part of your problem may have been the WGO. It's not for wet hair. I put it on hair that was still too damp before and got sticky white stuff that sounds like your problem. I had a hard time washing it out.

I've slept in hair mayonnaise before, so I don't think that's your problem.

Something like this has happened to me before. So I just put more conditioner on my head and sat under the hair dryer so that it could "melt" the oils that were sticking my hair together. Then after that I detangled my hair and did a co-wash and then clarified it. I'm not sure if this is what I should've done, but it worked with no damage to my hair. I hope that you do what's best for your hair. It'll come out soon! No worries!

I had a similar experience with vegetable shortening. ACV helped a little, but I found that glycerin soap really helped cut the grease. All of the caked on stuff came out in about two or three days. Baking soda rinses help, as well.

Something like this has happened to me before. So I just put more conditioner on my head and sat under the hair dryer so that it could "melt" the oils that were sticking my hair together. Then after that I detangled my hair and did a co-wash and then clarified it. I'm not sure if this is what I should've done, but it worked with no damage to my hair. I hope that you do what's best for your hair. It'll come out soon! No worries!

Yep, that is basically what I recommended. It worked like a charm for me before.

thanks so much for everyones suggestions. I used the dish detergent/baking soda mix and it worked like a charm. the only thing was i got a little impatient waiting for the gunk to breakdown, brushed it a little too soon and lost more strands than I wanted to. I DC and rollerset my hair (thanks macherie!) and it came out beautifully. You guys are a God-send! thanks again!

thanks so much for everyones suggestions. I used the dish detergent/baking soda mix and it worked like a charm. the only thing was i got a little impatient waiting for the gunk to breakdown, brushed it a little too soon and lost more strands than I wanted to. I DC and rollerset my hair (thanks macherie!) and it came out beautifully. You guys are a God-send! thanks again!
:bounceline::dance7: I figured that if it worked on my natural hair it would work on permed hair! I am SO glad for you!

Back