I Put ONE Product On My Hair: Tell me why it's softer than ever?

kblc06

Seriously I am the queen of product overload (sometimes using as many as 6 in one setting:blush:). Well after I cowashed last night with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol, I only put herbal essence long term relationship on the ends of my hair, put it in a ponytail, and braided the ends (secured with a rubberband. My hair feels so soft and thoroughly moisturized, and I didn't even use that much product :yawn:. Who knew using less product is better :spinning: :creatures

i tried it for the first time last week after my co-wash and i agree it is the best. i did not think i would find anything better than my ntm.

i use the leave in. i just about got addicted. on friday night i put some more on the ends, sealed and put two plats in and the next morning when i took the plats down to do a bun, my hair was so soft and curly i just decided to let it hang loose. it looked like i had done a w&g. and i have 4a relaxed hair and would have never been able to pull off a w&g. But i faked it that day and it felt sooooooooooo soft.

My hair has been UBER dry this summer and nothing seems to be working..:wallbash: So I am taking note.. I don't like to hop on bagwagons but I am getting desperate!

:yep: This has always been my experience; not LTR but S Curl or nothing at all. My hair is always soft as long as it was conditioned during the wash. That's how I've avoided being a PJ. Lots of layers of products = unruly hard hair in my experience. One or none = soft coils that feel moisturized. Go figure.

So you used the leave-in? Do they have only one leave-in?

I'll pick it up tomorrow!

Yes, it was split end protector leave-in (in the red bottle). Each herbal essence specialty line has its own set of products (shampoo, cond, leave-in)

Yes, it was split end protector leave-in (in the red bottle). Each herbal essence specialty line has its own set of products (shampoo, cond, leave-in)

Ok, thanks. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I have the red LTR conditioner. And the blue Moisturizing Poo: I haven't tried either one of these. Have you tried either one of them?

TIA

Ok, thanks. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I have the red LTR conditioner. And the blue Moisturizing Poo: I haven't tried either one of these. Have you tried either one of them?

TIA

I haven't tried the hydration (blue), but I LOVE :cloud9: the long term relationship line. I normally just use the leave-in and conditioners.

I love that product! I use it in my dd's and my hair all the time! I used it all the time when relaxed, and I use it all the time now on my ends while natural!

I haven't tried the hydration (blue), but I LOVE :cloud9: the long term relationship line. I normally just use the leave-in and conditioners.

I have two of the LTR conditioners (they were for free at Rite-Aid a few weeks ago).

OMG, I almost forgot...they're on sale this week at Rite-Aid! With a coupon they're for FREE after rebate!!

I'll rack up tomorrow, I have tons of coupons.

ETA: They also have Infusion 23 products for $3 after rebate...for FREE if you have $3 coupon. Thank goodness I have one. Yeah, baby!!

Last edited:
I have two of the LTR conditioners (they were for free at Rite-Aid a few weeks ago).

OMG, I almost forgot...they're on sale this week at Rite-Aid! With a coupon they're for FREE after rebate!!

I'll rack up tomorrow, I have tons of coupons.

ETA: They also have Infusion 23 products for $3 after rebate...for FREE if you have $3 coupon. Thank goodness I have one. Yeah, baby!!

Thanks for the info-I need to stock up while there on sale :lick:

so to make this clear... we talking about the red bottle leave in for long term relationship (ltr) right>!?

thats what im suppose to be going out and buying today after work?:grin: right?!

lol after all this talk i feel like i need to add it to my never ended leave in concoction.

Seriously I am the queen of product overload (sometimes using as many as 6 in one setting:blush:). Well after I cowashed last night with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol, I only put herbal essence long term relationship on the ends of my hair, put it in a ponytail, and braided the ends (secured with a rubberband. My hair feels so soft and thoroughly moisturized, and I didn't even use that much product :yawn:. Who knew using less product is better :spinning: :creatures

Oh yeah that stuff is the truth. I've used that and only that before, but I ran out and never bought more. :ohwell:

so to make this clear... we talking about the red bottle leave in for long term relationship (ltr) right>!?

thats what im suppose to be going out and buying today after work?:grin: right?!

lol after all this talk i feel like i need to add it to my never ended leave in concoction.

Yeah the little red pump bottle of LTR.

last sundays paper had a coupon for herbal essences for $3 off 2 products.

Kmart has a sale on herbal essence's -3 for $8... if the coupon can apply to the leave-in, then maybe you can get two for roughly $1.16 each ($2.33 for two)... I'm going to go today and see if the coupon applies to leave-in conditioner.

last sundays paper had a coupon for herbal essences for $3 off 2 products.

Kmart has a sale on herbal essence's -3 for $8... if the coupon can apply to the leave-in, then maybe you can get two for roughly $1.16 each ($2.33 for two)... I'm going to go today and see if the coupon applies to leave-in conditioner.

I don't know if it will apply at K-Mart, but I know it will at Rite-Aid. I've been able to get products other than poo & condish with their sales.

I'm going this evening. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely be heading to Rite Aid in the coming days to get these items.
I've been co-washing with Moisture Milks but it's not doing the job. NTM is great, but my tub is almost done, I'm ready for a change.

Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely be heading to Rite Aid in the coming days to get these items.
I've been co-washing with Moisture Milks but it's not doing the job. NTM is great, but my tub is almost done, I'm ready for a change.

The sale ends on Saturday, and they usually restock on Thursdays, so don't wait too long. They'll be gone before you know it!

Back