I need tips for blowdrying my hair STRAIGHT

buffalosoldier

Currently, I let it air dry then go over it in sections with the denman d3 brush but its seems a bit harsh. I use the gold n hot dryer - the comb attachment thing broke.

But im trying to think of more effective/safe way to do it. I might invest in an expensive blow dryer with the comb attachment or get a denman paddle brush.

Anyway what do you ladies that still blow dry do? Any suggestions ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I can rollerset but it takes too bloody long to dry)

get the golden hot attachment with the metal plate and work in small sections I was able to get through my hair without killing the attachment LOL

I also use a brush and a blowdryer, so I don't think it's any safer.

I copied this from my Hair Journal:

BLOWDRYING TECHNIQUE:
This takes LOTS of practice and it's sort of hard to explain. Before blowdrying, I put Fantasia IC Leave in and Wildgrowth oil on my hair and scalp, while it's wet and let it partially airdry.

I don't use a comb attachment. I use a regular hand held blow dryer and a blow drying brush (in my album under "products"). I work the brush with one hand and direct the nozzle on my hair and brush, with the other hand. I lift my hair away from my head with the brush and then put the heat on it (on or very close to the brush bristles.) Once it's straight and dry, I put a lil' grease on my scalp and blow dry a lil more to melt it in. (grease optional) You can get the same effect without the grease.

Here's a picture of the results. Blow dry pic

Thanks ladies and Kitchin I just saw your pic and Im speechless (and a little jealous)I look like the lion king when Im finished blowdrying.

I will keep practicing. I use bio silk therapy but I think I need to obviously add something else ..
thanks again everyone /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ITA with kitchen. I does take a lot of practice, especially if you have a very hot, powerful dryer, but you get great results.

Thanks ladies! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I use a regular hand held blowdryer that is 1600 watts. It's a Conair Grand Champion and it's over 15 years old. Buffalosoldier, keep us posted on your results. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

when i used to blowdry, the first round I would blowdry my hair until it is about 75% dry. Then I would put either a moisturizer on my hair or grease on my scalp and hair and blowdry a second time in sections. I know some may not like grease, but it really does the trick in getting your hair straight! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks ladies! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I use a regular hand held blowdryer that is 1600 watts. It's a Conair Grand Champion and it's over 15 years old. Buffalosoldier, keep us posted on your results. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must've read my mind cos I was going to ask u what hairdryer you use. they didnt call your hairdryer a grand chmpion for nothing eh? over 15 years old and with results like that !! I wish !!!
Im gong to buy some grease like u and poohbear suggest.

thanks again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back